Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: New to 2+2

Full ring 10 players.

Hero is in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG calls UTG+1 calls MP folds MP2 calls. Folds to Btn who calls. Hero raises. BB calls. All players call.

Flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero should in most cases check this flop and fold. Hands like this will usually require Hero to put in more money than he extracts, especially if he pairs one of his cards on the turn or river.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 AM

i want to post in this thread too!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bare minimum winrate I've seen is by this guy. I usually run around 20BB/100, so if you're not doing that, I'd say you're either 1) being too tight, or 2) being too loose. Watch out for second-barrelling the turn on ui overs into TAGs. You don't want to be doing that... especially on dry boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">RE: Dr.Matt</font>

20BB/100 hands is not sustainable bro. And btw, 6.11bb/100 hands is SICK. Best I've ever seen, and I'm sure I speak for most if not all 2p2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">LOL AT BUNG</font>
Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling pf here is fine and play for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

This thread is horrible. Save the micros, ftw.

(This guys sn reminds me of a long-time poster's...what was it...I don't remember...it was definitely something more clever than this. Couldn't be a gimmick account, tho, nobody does that any more.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is my thread horrible? im asking poker questions on a poker forum. Whats your problem. And what point did your post make?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of boz's comments have to deal w/ questionable advice rather than your questions. Every n00b is allowed to ask strategy questions here, even if you're not an expert. You might want to also check out this forum's FAQ and the Beginner's forum, which are both quite helpful for getting you up to speed.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:41 AM

Don't post several hands per thread (you might occationally post several hands per post if they're related). Don't post hands into a thread that's about something else.

Hand 1: Fold pf. I might fold the flop when it gets capped.

Hand 2: Don't 3-bet the flop, don't bet the turn (what are you trying to accomplish with a turn bet or a flop 3-bet?).

Hand 3: Fold preflop, c/r river.