Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

[ QUOTE ]
Here is something that I use that has helped:

Tips and Tricks

[/ QUOTE ]

holy christ, you see the jump video linked in that post????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixts608m2FE
There is a part 2 as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 AM

Amazing video. How do you do that dance he does after making the crazy jump in the pit? I need more celebratory moves.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 AM

Celebrating in Halo = so douchebaggy.

And also, one CAN lower the gravity in the game...Makes me wonder how legit those jumps are.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agreed - I've never done it before. The sad truth is that I planned on trying to get a nasty kill, then doing the dance and making a video clip of it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And also, one CAN lower the gravity in the game...Makes me wonder how legit those jumps are.

[/ QUOTE ]interesting, well some look legit to me. I might go mess around in a few levels and test some stuff out. Not sure how useful some of this stuff is, as it looks like these jumps take time to perform.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:00 AM

Got Xbox gold recently (kids wanted it). Never played online before, but I've finished Halo 1 and 2 on the hard difficulty (not the uber-hard though) and finished Halo 3 fairly easily on normal. I figured I wouldn't completely suck.

Nooo...owned by freaking noobs. Multiplayer combat is nothing like the game. I freaking hate not having mouse/keyboard control. Targeting is so hard without it. In the game I could snipe quite a bit, even with the basic gun, to make up for it as enemies weren't real mobile. Sniping is damn near impossible in multiplayer though.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Got Xbox gold recently (kids wanted it). Never played online before, but I've finished Halo 1 and 2 on the hard difficulty (not the uber-hard though) and finished Halo 3 fairly easily on normal. I figured I wouldn't completely suck.

Nooo...owned by freaking noobs. Multiplayer combat is nothing like the game. I freaking hate not having mouse/keyboard control. Targeting is so hard without it. In the game I could snipe quite a bit, even with the basic gun, to make up for it as enemies weren't real mobile. Sniping is damn near impossible in multiplayer though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Campaign is basically practice for online. If you like the campaign though you can play that online w/ friends too. I've gotten a bunch of skulls from randomly joining friends playing the campaign.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM

sniping is not impossible in multiplayer, you just need to practice son! The speed of the online game is pretty crazy for someone new to it. Keep on playing, you will have fun and you will get use to it.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]interesting, well some look legit to me. I might go mess around in a few levels and test some stuff out. Not sure how useful some of this stuff is, as it looks like these jumps take time to perform.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent about 40 minutes last night trying to get the double jump type things he does on The Pit working, since they'd actually be really useful during normal play. No luck. I've also never seen anybody else do it in a normal game. Makes me also wonder how legit they are.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM

2 General Tips

In games where its a race to the rockets (Narrows, The Pit): Begin pressing forward on the controller before the game actually begins so you are immediately moving when the game starts.

When not in battle always make sure your gun clip is full; particularly pay attention to weapons you pick up from previous fights.