Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 10-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

I would either a bet/fold or c/c. I think a bet/fold is prob best, unless you think he's going to recognize that's what you're looking to do. And he's prob going to pot control a lot of stuff on the turn if you check.

Like, if you c/r turn, do you ever expect him to stack off w/ a worse hand? You would have to be on a pure bluff from get go or be turning a hand into a bluff. I think for most part when you c/r, he's going to give you benefit of doubt and give you credit for a big hand.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 PM

Calling TcJc pf is OK given stacksize.

Generally, against good player with big stack at this level, given huge blinds, antes and villain's aggression, pot control weights more than other factors here, especially you play OOP with a hand has showdown value. I like your check the turn to see how much he bets. I call 35K. When a scared card hits the river, I check and depends on how much he bets, I would act accordingly. If non-scared card hits the river, I check and expect him to check behind very often, but I would call most bets.

Agagin, both of you play much better than I do. This is just my opinion, my line lacks of aggression because I'm nit (or suck at poker) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager every $ or asset to my name that Justin Bonomo is a better poker player than Daniel Negreanu, anyone named Brunson, and Gus Hansen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd happily take this wager if there was a way to quantify your argument. In fact, based on how retarded your statement is, I think you should forfeit from the getgo.

Why must we introduce the same inane, masturbatory debate about the relative quality of live players vs online geniuses? It's just a frickin' poker hand, people. I'd lead or check/raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, I think Justin Bonomo is a better NLHE player than Negreanu, Brunsons, Hansen.

If you think that statement is retarded, so be it.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager every $ or asset to my name that Justin Bonomo is a better poker player than Daniel Negreanu, anyone named Brunson, and Gus Hansen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd happily take this wager if there was a way to quantify your argument. In fact, based on how retarded your statement is, I think you should forfeit from the getgo.

Why must we introduce the same inane, masturbatory debate about the relative quality of live players vs online geniuses? It's just a frickin' poker hand, people. I'd lead or check/raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, I think Justin Bonomo is a better NLHE player than Negreanu, Brunsons, Hansen.

If you think that statement is retarded, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we talk about this hand please?

Edit: This is not particularly against any single individual, in general, 2+2 should enforce some posting rules here. If a poster violates it 3 times in a month, he should be banned for two weeks; second time, banned for a month...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:29 PM

this hand sucks because everyone knows the results and that is influencing people to being weak/tight here.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Even knowing results I still think check/call turn and bet/fold river is the best line.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even knowing results I still think check/call turn and bet/fold river is the best line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone ever say the best play is check/call turn and bet/call river? Never. Its always bet fold river. At least 90% of the time the line is discussed on here.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone ever say the best play is check/call turn and bet/call river? Never. Its always bet fold river. At least 90% of the time the line is discussed on here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know the results, but I assume OP lost the hand. I think check/call or bet/call is better on the river.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 PM

I didn't know the results.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JTs is the favorite. Plus you have a hand that is relatively easy to play

[/ QUOTE ]

if this hand is relatively easy to play, why can no one come up with a consensus on the proper way to play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This deep, I don't think any hands are that easy to play against good players, except perhaps small pairs which you are playing exclusively for set value. Also, this deep, many hands can be played well using different lines. In fact, some people think playing the same hand differently is essential to playing well.