Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Quit poker? Life? (Graph Included)

[ QUOTE ]
Who quits poker when they go busto? I'm not wealthy by any means. I've said I'm not playing under rolled, and I think that's all that matters here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand the concept of a bankroll. From wiki:

[ QUOTE ]
bankroll
The amount of money that a player has to wager for the duration of his or her poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bankroll is the amount of money over your lifetime that you can gamble with. By definition if you bust your bankroll you can no longer gamble. The term is used fast and loose often, and I can understand the confusion (people making $80,000 a year saying they have a $500 "bankroll" because that's all the money in their pokerstars account, for instance). But in fact, if you can still play you haven't exhausted your bankroll.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

His PF AF is not that big a deal. Most regs at NL50 actually have a # of less than 1 for that stat, which is pretty unreal. At 1.16 PF AF and 11 PFR he is probably raising all pairs, maybe limping some from up front. Raising the big Aces in all positions, and a bit wider variety including SC's etc in LP. At 1.16 he is probably 3 betting light pretty much never (QQ+/AKo). This could be something to work on. But, I don't see any glaring problem with any of the PF numbers. And again, for whatever its worth, they are better than most regs in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks BlackRain, this was very informative.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:46 PM

Kurt I think we're just talking semantics here. Yes if I become homeless and destitute I may have to quit, unless the stakes are cigs and 40s. I've done the deposit over and over deal before, and I'm not ever going back to that. I'm not going to play recklessly w/ regards to my bankroll.

Blackrain, thank you. That is the kind of analysis I'm looking for. You're mostly accurate on what I'm playing pre. I have recently started 3 betting more, and raising up a bunch of stuff from the BB when limped to. No doubt I probably check a lot of rivers I should be betting, and probably play too passively oop. I'm going to study those position stats like you suggested.

It's not as bad as it looks in my defense. I was up about 300 before I was able to get pt working w/ ftp, and since starting this thread I've won back about 4.5 buy-ins. I'm coming from playing a lot of limit and sngs/mtts, so I knew I'd take a hit for a while. I'm going to try to post some hands where I still feel a little lost (like hands where I get about $15-20 in and end up folding). Thanks everyone.