Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Suited Connectors

I like cold calling a rase with SC in position, because they are perfect for balancing your low PP. If your only raising C-bets with sets and TPTK you become super easy to play against. Mixing draws in will lead to more small pot wins and a higher chance of your big hands getting paid off.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm sure all the main points about playing speculative hands like suited connectors have been made. For limit hold'em Hold'em for Advanced Players has a discussion of when they're profitable. For NL Hold'em the new 2+2 book Profession NL Hold'em has a good discussion.

I'll try to approach it from a different point of view hopefully. Think about this, how much money would someone have to juice a pot to swing your decision to play them. Certainly if you're playing limit hold'em with $10 & $20 blinds and someone puts $100,000 in the pot you'd play them. If your playing NL Hold'em with $2 and $5 blinds with a $500 max buyin and the pot is juiced by an extra $100,000 you'd play them. So how much does someone have to juice a pot to get you to play them?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Here's a hand I played today and a prime example of how sometimes with the combination of suited-connectors and sound positional play you can win a nice pot.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $198.00
BB: $64.00
UTG: $277.20
Hero (BTN): $200.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6s 7s (4 Players)
UTG raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $16.00, 2 folds, UTG calls $12.00

Flop: ($35) Ts Kh Qc (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $20.00, UTG calls $20.00

Turn: ($75) 2s (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($75) 3s (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $75.00, UTG calls $75.00

Pot Size: $225.00 ($2 Rake)

UTG had Kd Td (two pair, Kings and Tens) and LOST (-$111.00)
Hero had 6s 7s (a flush, Ten high) and WON (+$112.00)
Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure all the main points about playing speculative hands like suited connectors have been made. For limit hold'em Hold'em for Advanced Players has a discussion of when they're profitable. For NL Hold'em the new 2+2 book Profession NL Hold'em has a good discussion.

I'll try to approach it from a different point of view hopefully. Think about this, how much money would someone have to juice a pot to swing your decision to play them. Certainly if you're playing limit hold'em with $10 & $20 blinds and someone puts $100,000 in the pot you'd play them. If your playing NL Hold'em with $2 and $5 blinds with a $500 max buyin and the pot is juiced by an extra $100,000 you'd play them. So how much does someone have to juice a pot to get you to play them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you would play any hand hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]