Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 08-18-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Official FortunaMaximus Rambling Thread

Well, that wasn't so bad on a re-read. (The above anyway.)

Vital data: 30, no-namer repopping the grandaddy of all paradoxes, etc. Have run at least half a dozen versions of Pascal's Wager that I can remember. Most too painful at this time to really express. lol risk/reward valuation.

Kristopher. Barely more than a ghost these days. Got my reasons, spartans/wolves. I don't get pissed often, and don't quite yet trust myself to hold my temper. Besides which, no-namer semi-bluffs leave far more lasting impacts than anything else. (If I had it, I'd have punted it. There are better ways.)

aka's include chillzkillz, chronicwanderer, eternalhamlet, 'cubed (well, i ain't in bed anymore, am i? :^)), valentyno (ldo), pissinginthestyx. Others I've forgotten, something tells me they're due to run me over sooner and later.

Home's always been somewhere between a park bench in rose gardens and, well, several internets worth of memory palaces. so much space, so little content.

celibate so far this millennium although sometimes i wonder why. don't think it's a thousand-year self-ban though. who knows. i got enough immature entities scurrying around in cyberspace as it is. :s

lol @ pictures/tr/video. i'm sure there are a few things wandering around somewhere of their own volition. (would've tripled it to prove a point to kali if i had to tho [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] fatwa that.)

Sidenote: I'm never that far away. Sometimes fate's pianists carry silent messages. Let me see after a longer while what the best approach is though. Don't quite like the idea of 94% of babies being able to set off metal detectors though. Kinda stupid, imho. GL, although I figure you'll need far more than 5 years for full implementation. Call it a hunch. Kinda the point tho, isn't it? (Got the time, will make more later. Promise.)

/redir

At least a few are aware. They're elusive 'cause they lack concrete cohesiveness. Besides, shaved apes move too damn slow. Never mind the unshaved ones.

As it goes, VR is going to be unnecessary. It'll suffice as a good court for lions.

I'm prone to running temporal bluffs, mainly on myself. Although I think the last few I got repopped. [censored] it, let the temporal banns unravel themselves. It's not just my story anyway, and that's a good thing for the Jovian drift. I don't got the time to pick up every one of 'em.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You neverborn bastard, you. What the hell did she land on anyway, that's what I wanna know. Sure as hell wasn't grass. Scant comfort, indeed.

'cane: I didn't know all the reasons, and I'm not entirely sure why I pushed so hard. Probably 'cause I was pretty sure on some level you needed to find that steel within yourself. Sure seems like it. No regrets on your fade. GL with life and love.

You can find the meadows and gardens for the Vimy Ridge hedges in several places already. Anywhere there's a gazebo, pink and purple flowers, water flowin', we back in red, baby, don't ya forget it, bye, we be thunderin' when ya fadin'.

It's about leveraging what I have to make everybody around me find better and stronger parts of themselves. All I know how to do. I got no use for what I could do on a solo jaunt, that's certain.

lol purple chalk. did that ever burn, but not so much. all a deadwash anyway. don't flip boats, y'hear?

I'll nickeldime my way there. What better? I'll need to learn to ease out of roles. Seriously. That last one wouldn't let go easily. :^) NyQuil defense.

So, basically, my glasses are two days ahead of me right now. Have gone out a couple times today, a few times since I got out of that jumpsuit. It's rather interesting to judge people by how they move instead of facial features or anything else. Can't see a thing 18 inches in front of me.

K-holing bit after Y2K. While everybody panicked and made preparations, I basically tried to buy a cup of coffee and got a tab of yellow acid and ketamine instead. Found myself drying out at Pearson in early February wondering what the hell happened to the rest of civilization. I was pretty much invisible. Nawjoke. Didn't bother going anywhere, couple reasons. I was busto. I was sick of life. I was fairly sure nobody was flying the damn planes yet.

And maybe that's the key to it all. Probably not, but it'll do.

RT,

Yes, you can certainly fold AAxx from 140-210BB deep. It's a dead/marginal zone where you really should be seeing flops when your other two are self-blocked, weak oesd, single nutter fd's etc. Don't really feel comfortable posting in public strat threads.. yet.

Time's more than a covariant, actually, although the foundations look good. Phase states, collected independent self-recursive expansions, material states (fluid with degrees of cooling/heating, decoherence/entangled coherence sets.)

Dunno about the bracketing and equations though. I get flustered when I try to count numbers higher than I got fingers. Better places for them anyway.

Dunno if the pinkjackin' bit should stay up. Seems like cheatin' to straddle that far. Eh. [censored] it.

"Immortals are hardly Gods, John." Probably the single truest thing I've ever said around 2p2. Take it easy, brah.

YT,

Village idiot sprawlin' across savannah.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:51 PM

See, that's the thing. The mourn isn't for a single virtue. It's for every one of them that made the choice because they hurt too much.

And when you have an infinite amount of time, at minimum...

Thing runs itself though. Perpetual interference against omnicensorship. The meddles melt into uselessness, although you can basically backraise warnings.

Took several billionths of a second. Long enough to make certain.

I'd walk every step of the 'teenth again if I had to. Old World's so congested these days I'd get run over by a TGV or something, so [censored] it.

Oh, to be able to always type in coherent 21st English. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeah.

(Yeah, you'll get it eventually <smirks> It's not like it's been written yet, y'know? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) Besides, packing value into time is something I do rather well. <chuckles softly> how, now...

Ham I ain't, I'm a whole backyard of pigs. lol.

Alright. <pushes himself off the interwebs> Back 'venin.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:59 PM

ban plz
Old 08-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Excerpt from a PM Fortuna sent me:

[ QUOTE ]
if it's about what that stretch of posts in early August went about. Reality ran away from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that reality continues to elude.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:04 PM

maybe fortuna is actually durron's gimmick acct
Old 08-18-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe fortuna is actually durron's gimmick acct

[/ QUOTE ]
ask JaredL who it is and see if you get a runaround.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 PM

By the way.. WELCOME BACK REON.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:10 PM

Of course it's too extreme. If he thinks he can justify his actions, he gets stuck in his own moral valuations.

So basically no single individual can determine the correct moral actions for a single incident or a class of incidents.

And that's the point. Nobody does. The price winds up being too high and you have to disperse the responsibility.

Elude or delude, amplify? Because at the end of the day, the two wind up being the same thing. Clarke's Third Law, maybe.

I'm still in transit and the doubleknock's a little too deep for me to bear working through the answers all at once. It's not like there is a timelimit anyway. If there is, oh, well, there's no Crux of Lux, is there.

I know I don't need to walk alone, and maybe I don't these days. But I still need to a bit when it comes to some things. These aren't the kind of judgments I want to get wrong.

Besides, I still have a lot of work to do before I'm comfortable opening these doors. I don't even trust myself, let alone other people.

If an actual ban's necessary, by all means. I'm done posting for awhile anyway, I think.

There's a Great War memorial down the street some, and a bit past that is a vantage point of the entire GTA. Some part of me will never leave. And that's the way it should be.

So-called rationalizations tend to break down, don't they.

(Swap ya a '49 for a purple chiba rejax, C. Triplebag this one tho.)

I don't know durron other than to say I trust him enough to be foldin'. If I'm wrong, ah, well, it's just grape juice anyway.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Ghost 'em well tomorrow, baby.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:12 PM

elude is a nice word, but elide is better
Old 08-18-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
elude is a nice word, but elide is better

[/ QUOTE ]
You're thinking of eject