Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 03-26-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Found \"time pot\" really annoying

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You may be right about your points. All I have to go by are the games I have played in that collect time and the games I have dealt where time is collected. In my personal experience time pots were way more trouble than they were ever worth. Admittedly the majority of the time pot games I've dealt in were at the WSOP so you should naturally expect that the percentage of nits, jerks and a-holes would be considerably higher than normal.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

The time pots I played in at the WSOP were in the 100/200 level, and it was all handled by the dealer so the players didn't even have to think about it (and usually they didn't even notice it, there was no nitty behavior at all) - it was very convenient IMHO, 1 million times easier than what occurs at places like the Borgata in AC.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind a time pot at 100/200, but at 20/40 it is a significant portion of the pot and effects the action. So much fairer to just collect time.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Found \"time pot\" really annoying

That's funny because I found the 100-200 level to be where the players really stepped up and exceeded all previous standards of nittyness and a-holedom. Except for O-8 where the super nits and mega jerks start shining at the 75-150 kill to 100-200 game.

There is one high limit woman player who was a sweetheart, and I get along with you fine (though I haven't dealt to you that I can recall). Other than that just about all of them make a good case for flooring it whilst driving my Dodge. In the immortal words of Al Bundy.. "When you see that mighty Dodge emblem bearing down on you..".