Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

View Poll Results: foot fetish?
Yes 1 25.00%
LOL FEETAMENTS 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Typical spot and a quiz

are u kidding, ppl autofire when checked to, atleast in my experience. also i dont think its bad to c/f in these spots a lot, so its good balance.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
being OOP doesn't mean you can't check and open up the villains range more

[/ QUOTE ]

Because most people tend to check-call a lot and check-fold very rarely, I actually think many tags have a wider range to shove over a c-bet than to bet if I check to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

not the weaktight ones
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone enlighten me as to why Qh9h has more equity than JTo with like any range I'm putting into Pokerstove?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 5 outs instead of 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Only vs the Tx hands which I don't think are a really huge part of his range anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. 5 outs instead of 3 vs Tx.
2. Bdfd.
3. It's not like JT is ahead of about any hands that Q9 isn't. JT is behind any Tx-combo villain has here and A9/K9 just doesn't seem likely.

Any reasons JT would have a higher equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if we have a T then it's less likely that he has one and thus relatively more likely that he's making a move

and if you argue that a better T isn't a significant part of his range, then the fact that Q9 has 5 outs instead of 3 outs is irrelevant, can't have it both ways... (and Q9 has only 2 outs against QT, rather than 5)
Old 08-06-2007, 03:43 PM

I'm not sure how much this quiz accomplishes. this really depends on how villain plays, and how he views you. I mean if he's REALLY nitty, i'm not calling his CR shove w/ JJ.

In general though, in today's tough games where everyone is getting it in really light, you can't fold any (given VERY juicy odds) against your typical 10-20 player.

Edit - I read "full ring" - which I why I was leaning toward folding in some of this situations - but then it looks like its only 3-handed, which (if true) makes this an auto-call in all 3 spots.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Still, in practise, if you plug it into pokerstove it's impossible to find a sane range where Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is worse than J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

JJ only beats either if you include Tx in he mix, and most people do not shove AT here. Even if you include ATs, I think you will find that JJ = J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to within less than a percent and it is still worse than Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

In the actual hand I held JJ and called, beating his 88, so clearly I should be calling all 3. Still it's an interesting effect.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the actual hand I held JJ and called, beating his 88, so clearly I should be calling all 3. Still it's an interesting effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think of villains play?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JJ only beats either if you include Tx in he mix, and most people do not shove AT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would somebody be shoving so much anus that calling Q9 is a solid move here and NOT shove AT?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM

now correct me if i'm wrong, but: 3-handed with this guy and another guy with 4500, i'm assuming that the other guy is a big fish. And as such, this guy should be willing to gamble to get a stack to take him on (as should you, to an extent). So you should call with a wider range than you normally would here.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone enlighten me as to why Qh9h has more equity than JTo with like any range I'm putting into Pokerstove?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 5 outs instead of 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Only vs the Tx hands which I don't think are a really huge part of his range anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. 5 outs instead of 3 vs Tx.
2. Bdfd.
3. It's not like JT is ahead of about any hands that Q9 isn't. JT is behind any Tx-combo villain has here and A9/K9 just doesn't seem likely.

Any reasons JT would have a higher equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if we have a T then it's less likely that he has one and thus relatively more likely that he's making a move

and if you argue that a better T isn't a significant part of his range, then the fact that Q9 has 5 outs instead of 3 outs is irrelevant, can't have it both ways... (and Q9 has only 2 outs against QT, rather than 5)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not. In fact JT has a 0.3% higher equity vs AT-JT than Q9, taking combos and outs into consideration. The bdfd is worth 4% extra in equity against most villain's range making up for that deficit though.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:38 PM

whats your line if button minraises the flop rather than push