Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-04-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

just got back from it. all i can say is just awesome. loved every part of it.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Solid actioner, glad to see they got the camera under control a bit
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 AM

Identity>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>...>.>Ultimatum>Sup remacy. Paul Greengrass sucks, United 93 sucks (I know I'm in the minority here), he ruined this series IMO. After ALL the complaints after Supremacy about his cinematography, you'd think he would lighten up, but nope. That's just his "style" I guess. Well it sucks.

Also, way way too much action, as others have noted. I'm not expecting some masterpiece, it's an action flick I know, but wow. The whole scene from when Neal Daniels' car gets blown up till Bourne kills Desh was over 20 minutes. Way too long, I was soooo bored by the end of it.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it today. But I've been looking forward to this since it was announced and I feel they ruined it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[EDIT]: Reflecting upon it further, it's obv not all Greengrass' fault. The cast may have been what made Identity special for me. I love Chris Cooper (check out Breach if you haven't, fun movie w/ excellent performance), and Brian Cox's role is SO much better in Identity than Supremacy. In Supremacy, he's basically just like "bourne is dangerous, i'm here for no reason! oh except i did it all ha-ha im really the bad guy!".

Fu(k, even Clive Owen's small role as a Treadstone agent is way better than any of the other bad guys in the last 2 movies.

90% blame belongs to Greengrass tho.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, way way too much action, as others have noted. I'm not expecting some masterpiece, it's an action flick I know, but wow. The whole scene from when Neal Daniels' car gets blown up till Bourne kills Desh was over 20 minutes. Way too long, I was soooo bored by the end of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol r u serious?

i thought the whole scene in tangier was fantastic.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Identity>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>...>.>Ultimatum>Sup remacy. Paul Greengrass sucks, United 93 sucks (I know I'm in the minority here), he ruined this series IMO. After ALL the complaints after Supremacy about his cinematography, you'd think he would lighten up, but nope. That's just his "style" I guess. Well it sucks.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it today. But I've been looking forward to this since it was announced and I feel they ruined it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think u need a nap
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 AM

I give it **** out of ****, one of the best action movies I've ever seen. I [censored] love omnipotent characters who get through a movie without having to get lucky over and over again.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:01 AM

brian, his style dosnt suck as much as you say.
nothing is ruined.

you know who's style I really hate? (not that we are on the subject) Wes Anderson's. I liek his movies, but his style really blows.

Anyway, I agree to much jerky jerky, but overall I didn't mind. I mean I wasn't conscious of the overly jerky camera.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:37 AM

Eh, it's times like these I wish I didn't sit around reading internet forums all day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] After I saw Bourne Supremacy in 2004, I thought it was alright, but immediately came home and got on IMDb and read all the critiques about Greengrass' style. So knowing about it may have altered my Ultimatum experience, maybe it's unnoticeable to the most viewers. Also, seeing the awesome score on RottenTomatoes/my friends with similiar movie tastes saying it was really good, may have set me up to be let down. I'd give it a 7 overall.

Brian
Old 08-05-2007, 03:46 AM

not trying to go against the grain or anything, but I actually liked the camera work a lot, thought it fit the movie well. Also I see a lot more similarities between the books and the movies than anyone else here seems to. Admittedly it has been a while since I read them, but its not like they're completely different. Anyway, I loved the movie. Movie snobs are annoying.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I see a lot more similarities between the books and the movies than anyone else here seems to. Admittedly it has been a while since I read them, but its not like they're completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]