Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 01-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Pushing off strassa pushing me off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(there is no better 6 that's not full except 6t, 6j, and 6q.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he's right. I misread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, so did I, too. At first, i thought the 9c was on board. Quick edit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Pushing off strassa pushing me off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not real sure why he can't have a 6; he should always be checking the river with a 6 and imo thats his most likely holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

why should he check this river with a 6 ? does hero have more often air than an A or K?

[/ QUOTE ]

checking a 6 on this river seems standard to me. if we lead this river, it looks too sttrong. for instance, i would imagine that jason will rarely or never bluff this river. the reasoning behind taht is that villians most likely holding is an ace, probably bare that doesn't matter now becuase it splits with everything- with strassas image and the pot size he's never folding that to a ~psb on the river. since strassa is rarely bluffing, hero would be making a bad call with a king.

since a king will not likely call if we bet but an ace will, all we have to do is deduce that hero will bet an ace in order to figure out if we should check our 6. i think almost everyone should eb betting an ace here. i'm a value monkey and i frequently value check my stuff by trying to merge my range and value bet thinly on the river, especially when chcekd to, but i would most definitely never check behind an ace here. the times that strassa has a king or something or a mid pocket pair and puts you on a float or anything random and you miss the bet, i'd be nearly embarrassed to show down having tp and split kicker there. that said, if villian is calling with an ace and also betting with an ace, this is an easy river CR for value because hero can easily get confused and look strassa up with the ace (hero got really really really really reall confused here and didn't just look him up, shoved over the top of him obviously on one of the sickest value bluffs in mankinds history). if you factor in the times that hero is floating with QJ/JT (he may or may not do this, but strassa had no read on him so i dunno what he would have thought), then that is another reason to check the river.

jason i obviously like your line a lot and i made a similar play recently. i flopped top set and the straight draw got there on the river and when i raised his weak lead he three bet me and i folded top set, whereupon he showed bottom set. i dont' know how the [censored] he got there so slowly with it but he [censored] value bluffed me badly. it does seem unlikely that he has a huge hadn here- but people tend to play huge hands in weird ways and in order for him to come over the top of your river cr sice he should know you an have a boat here he should have to be v strong and i'd prob fold it in the momemnt too.