Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 05-08-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Is the WPT Dying?

How about just plain old not watching it and instead watching Live At The Bike. need i say more?
Old 05-08-2006, 05:44 PM

Right, I wasn't saying otherwise. They flooded the market with the pissant circuit events that no one should give a [censored] about, but I can't see a future where the main event doesn't get serious exposure from ESPN - far more coverage than, 2001, say. They're still great material to show during rain delays, blackouts, etc.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The should replace Courtney Friel with Samantha Brown. It would help out 2 of the travel channels shows!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for it if they get Samantha implants first!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM

Does anyone in the New York Area have trouble lately with ESPN and Travel channel. Im not getting any sound on the WPT events and some WSOP espn programming. Its really low volume
Old 05-09-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about just plain old not watching it and instead watching Live At The Bike. need i say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

L@TB is OK but quite frankly it's pretty boring most of the time. If I'm going to watch a poker game/tourney it needs to be at much higher stakes than the ones I play at or else what's the point? I get most of my enjoyment participating in the live thread going on at the same time. The announcers are unusually good though and they seem to be able to quickly grasp the situations in an unedited format.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Travel Channel East Feed - West Feed discrepancy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The midnight show is the one I tried to Tivo and all I got was the infomercial so I think my post still stands. If the WPT was still as strong as it once was the TC wouldn't even consider messing around with it. Everything else on the TC is still running as before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your cable system is still carrying Travel Channel's EAST FEED, but your TIVO program guide now has the schedule for Travel Channel's WEST FEED.

Hence the discrepancy.

Not all cable systems in the Pacific Time Zone have switched over to the Travel Channel's west feed yet. Some of them are probably waiting for the end of the WPT season in June before making the switch.

If you have DirecTV or DISH Network, you get the Travel Channel's EAST FEED ONLY regardless of your time zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last nights WPT in Los Angeles (Comcast) was on at 9 pm and 1 am. This was the Tunica Open with Scotty and the Grinder. In between was a repeat of Aruba.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Travel Channel East Feed - West Feed discrepancy

[ QUOTE ]

Last nights WPT in Los Angeles (Comcast) was on at 9 pm and 1 am. This was the Tunica Open with Scotty and the Grinder. In between was a repeat of Aruba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comcast in San Francisco still had the EAST Feed so WPT aired at 6pm and 10pm last night.