Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: NBA Offseason

[ QUOTE ]
If MEbenhoe won't confirm the Hawks trade then I'm hesitant to comment on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

While there may be some truth to the rumor, such as the deal having been discussed between the two teams, it is definitely not anywhere near a done deal. The Hawks aren't doing any deals until they've been able to get through all their individual workouts.

If the Hawks were to make a trade of #11 for Jack, they 100% draft Horford or Wright at #3(barring a deal of the #3 pick also) depending upon which one they feel performed better in their workouts.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:19 PM

How good a player was Glen "Big Baby" Davis from LSU. He's lost a lot of weight, but I'm afraid if he's drafted he'll just put the weight back on. The 76ers seem to like him, and I'm afraid we might waste a pick on him.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:57 PM

I'm a life time knicks fan, and I've become a rockets fan over the last few years (i lived in houston during nba season two years ago)
I hate steve francis, and i want him off the knicks, but I was thinking the rockets would be pretty much the only team he would actually be a good fit on... he could come off the bench to play point, or 2guard when mcgrady's out.. it will give the team a scorer off the bench that they desperately need, plus obviously his past with houston is a plus now that vangundy is gone

thoughts?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a life time knicks fan, and I've become a rockets fan over the last few years (i lived in houston during nba season two years ago)
I hate steve francis, and i want him off the knicks, but I was thinking the rockets would be pretty much the only team he would actually be a good fit on... he could come off the bench to play point, or 2guard when mcgrady's out.. it will give the team a scorer off the bench that they desperately need, plus obviously his past with houston is a plus now that vangundy is gone

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, Franchise back in Houston? Love it
Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After this years post season I am no longer big on Billups either. You ask me a year ago and I say go get him. This dealing for the 11 may be a ploy to package that pick with with a player or two to move even higher. I will not cross that off of what I think KP can do, especially after the Telfair for Brandon Roy trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't let one bad series sour you on him too much, especially considering that Cleveland had two standout defensive PGs on their team.

Billups led that team in Roland Rating this year by a decent margin: http://www.82games.com/0607/0607DET.HTM

Billups is one of those players that does everything well and has no real weakness. I'd gladly take him on my favorite team.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Francis makes $15 mil this year, $16.5 mil next year, and $17 mil the next....how can Houston fit him under the cap? Unless they traded Yao or Tracy(and thats clearly not happening) then it'd have to be a 3-for-1 type deal involving Howard, Alston, and someone else.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM

i think its he made 15 mil THIS year then he has those two years left...
am I wrong or he has three more years AFTER THIS ONE under contract?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Offseason Thread, 2007/2008 season.

What about a Rasheed Wallace and Detroits no. 15 pick for Marcus Camby? Or perhaps send Chauncey home, in a Chauncey for Camby deal?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:12 PM

nother thought i wanted to throw out

blazers trade zach randolph for some ovverated guy with two years left on his crazy hi contract, along with the sucky player they get a bazillion draft picks.... by the time they are ready to win they will have a bunch of cap space to sign any FA to go along with there already stockpiled team
Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 PM

Closed Thread