Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-20-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO BLUFF CATCH!?!?!?!?

bet turn. fold river.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM

reading some more post and looking at the hand again, I think you cant win by calling,
IMHO i think a player like that would use that line preflp, flop, turn and river deep stacked vs you with , 88-44,AJs,QJs,8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
you have pokerstove 41% equity vs 58% vs that range

But I still think hes ahead even more, so calling sucks IMO
That said I think a river raise will work
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 AM

I really hope you called here, this hand is making me wet.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM

I think K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K is safely in villain's range, as is AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Think it through:

Villain knows hero is super-aggro. Villain knows that hero tries to steal often. Villain knows hero fires c-bets and second barrels. Villain decides to slowplay preflop to get extra value.

On the flop, villain check-raises, either with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K overpair for value and to protect against the flush draw or with AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to try to resteal. Hero calls.

On the turn, villain slows down. Why? With KK he slows down because he's got a draw to the nuts and doesn't want to stack off against AK -- he's trying to get hero to price him into a draw. If he's got AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he's looking to check-raise, figuring that he's either got a freeroll or he's way ahead, and figuring that he'll look scared enough to induce another bet.

On the river, villain has the nuts and is value-betting light, hoping to either get called by your lone ace or get raised big, either by a bluff or a second-best hand that thinks it's value-betting.

He's good.
He knows you're good.
He knows you're aggro.
He's out of position.
He's still coming along for the ride.

You've got to give him credit for something, here, and that could easily be the nuts. It's a rare villain who bluffs this river fully 1/3rd of the time; after all, your line so far could EASILY be a hand that includes a high heart, checking behind on the turn to get a draw to your flush. The only way villain can feel confident that you don't have the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is if HE has it....

You're not at the table to fight with the good players, especially with mediocre hands. Fold, escape with your stack, and fight against the crappy players instead. Chase the EASY money, folks, not the hard money.

NOTE WELL: against TAGs, I'm a coward at the tables. I see no reason to fight them without the goods. It's my opinion that smart and weak-tight beats TAG in the rock-paper-scissors of our poker world. Let them have their small pots, and when you've got a monster, let them bluff off their stacks -- this actually happens often enough to be a +EV strategy against most TAGs when you've got position.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 AM

fold flop.

tighty is c/ring in 3 way pot. you have a RIO hand deepstacked. he's probably playing 95 other tables and doesn't care about you, your pfr %, your c-bet %, or what cards you hold.

you have $7 invested and you are likely going to face another (and bigger bet) on a later street and often going to have to bluff, fold, or make crying calls later in the hand.

not being results oriented. just the way it is. it's ok to be aggressive. but it's even more okay to be weak tight against nits who c/r multiway when you are likely not going to improve (or even if you do improve you're not going to be able to extract value). think multi-street.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM

I fold this flop.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]r u more or less inclined to call with AJ tptk on a fry board like a rainbow 27J board or sumtin???