Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Do I need to show my cards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as soon as his hand hits the muck it is dead. you don't need to show.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing magic about the muck, hands can be retrieved under certain circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet, are caller and you muck, the cards are face down in the muck they are mucked.

the only situation where this would not happen is if the hand is checked down and it is a showdown. or if one player is all in ina multiway pot, any remaining palyer need to show there hand.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 AM

I am in the uk and they do not seem to allow the IWTSTH rule is cash games. The floor always says that the loser does not have to show his hand even if you want to see it. By the way I have never asked to see anyone mucked cards but I have heard it been asked and refused. In MTTS the rule is all cards must be shown at showdown so you cant muck your cards.

Mark.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:56 AM

This is the very essence of poker. This is psychological warfare. I just snapped off a guy's bluff. He decided to muck.

Why on earth should I have to show either my A high call since I had a read on him or a nice value hand which I was milking the whole way? Like I said, him not knowing whether I snapped off a bluff or had a hand will really cause him to think about bluffing again.

This is critical information. And really, if you do bluff and get caught, don't muck. Everybody knows you were bluffing so it's much better to flip over your bluff and force your opponent to show what he called with (if he even has a winning hand to boot!).

And don't get me started about mucking the bluff and then invoking the IWTSTH rule. My God, where are all the real poker players?