Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Basic Question - High Ante\'s No Fold\'em 7Stud

Tried searching but it failed! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Have been good citizen elsewhere, so hope you don't mind a very simple question, that has probably been covered before.

What are the right starting hand adjustments for sites where the ante is 20% of the SB, and loose low stakes players, make the pot huge on 3rd street. The players tend to ignore how live their cards are, and are generally calling stations, with some turning to bluff addicts, when they notice a "folder"; they love shooting for sets on 7th street which may or may not be good when they hit.

Isolationary raisers to protect big pairs don't work, and turn 4th, 5th and beyond into a 'shootout'.

In No Fold'em Hold'em, I raise with fewer big pairs, but set mine, but I raise more with big sooted cards, that have broadway str8 potential.

The implied odds on sets, are worse in 7stud, but in some games with small Bring In's, you can limp with very good pot odds.

Are these games too much of a crapshoot to beat the rake? Late in hand the pot odds are so huge, that calling stations aren't really making a mistake calling with almost anything.

Or are they profitable, with good starting hands, good folds and aggressive play with equity advantage?

My starting hand basis, is SS1; with some loosening up for implied odds and the very low quality of opposition hands, and play in unraised pots.