Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Shawn Sheikhan getting deported... (link)

I don't see why it takes 12 years to kick out foreign criminals.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Shawn filed the habeas corpus because Immigration was contesting his bail. Immigration withdrew their appeal, so he dropped the habeas corpus. (I'm not a lawyer, I just have a pacer account). The only interesting thing I read in his filings was he owns 6 Diversity parlours, is negotiating a real estate deal to develop a strip mall containing another Diversity parlour, he has multiple real estate investments and apparently is a "famous professional poker player". There is nothing about guilt or innocence, just that he's not a flight risk.

That cost me $2, I hope it was worth it to y'all.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:26 PM

BTW, I could not find any other cases under the last name Sheikhan, so unless I'm doing the search wrong (very likely) it appears Sheiky hasn't had any cases in the Nevada district court before.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will give you a warm welcome!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM

wow this thread is so [censored] up its not even nice. all the "just deport child molestor people" are making me sick.

this happened 10years ago and should have been dealt with back then not now, well from what i see in this thread i do kinda understand where the [censored] up us law is coming from anyway.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, the immigration system is very efficient. A decade later they take action, sounds like Sheik's newfound stardom makes this a case to build a legal career on

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

There's a lot of sketchiness going on here. I just spoke to Shiek...the Review Journal never contacted him for comment. He's figuring some things out now and then might make a public statement depending on what his lawyers instruct him to do.

I think the folks calling him a child molester would be well advised to hold their opinions until more information comes to light. I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent of anything, just that we don't know anything yet.

Gary
Old 09-20-2007, 04:25 PM

No part of this isn't hilarious.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM

I would have no problem with this if they had deported him right after he served his time, or just right after he was convicted. This is why we have statutes of limitation, and I think it's absolutely insane that you can be deported 12 years after a MISDEMEANOR.

Everyone calling him a child molestor should also stfu unless they know more about the charges than I do.

I don't like sheiky, but I wish him the best of luck in this case because I hate INS and immigration policy generally.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
 is offline

He annoyed some child?

I think I know what this is.
Remember the last HSP where a certain someone with a huge ego talked about his enormous power and influence.

Sheiky has simply been annoying the wrong child.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, the immigration system is very efficient. A decade later they take action, sounds like Sheik's newfound stardom makes this a case to build a legal career on

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

There's a lot of sketchiness going on here. I just spoke to Shiek...the Review Journal never contacted him for comment. He's figuring some things out now and then might make a public statement depending on what his lawyers instruct him to do.

I think the folks calling him a child molester would be well advised to hold their opinions until more information comes to light. I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent of anything, just that we don't know anything yet.

Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple question:

What was his conviction for? What section of the criminal code? It's a public record so it's going to come out eventually.
Closed Thread