Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 09-09-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: UFC 75

there are probably other venues to bitch about this in, but while i'll happily collect my payday on bisping, as a fan i thought that decision was an outrage. i suppose i don't understand how scoring works, but i can't see any way bisping got more than 28 points from any of the judges.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:33 AM

I thought the same thing. I had bet on Bisping and was sure I had lost before the scores were announced.

I'm also upset that I laid -260 on Bisping to begin with because it was clearly a terrible bet.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:47 AM

Unless you had inside info on Hamill's camp, I still think Bisping is a good bet. Hamill hadn't shown any sort of decent standup before this fight.

IMO, Hamill clearly took Rd. 1, Bisping took Rd. 3. The decision sways depending on how you took round 2. For instance, here's Sherdog's take on the second round:

"Round 2
The Ohioan catches a Bisping low kick and takes him to the floor. Bisping goes high with his hips, using a rubber guard. Hamill stands and invites Bisping to trade. The Brit obliges, and throws a one-two. Right elbow cracks Bisping's skull. Hamill shoots and rips Bisping to the mat. Bisping gets to his feet and throws a left, right combo that glances. Hamill looks tired with a minute left in the second. Sloppy double jab lands for Hamill. Bisping unloads with a flashy combo but nothing lands. Tough round to score, but Sherdog.com awards it to Bisping due to aggression, 10-9."

I'd have to watch the fight again to really make a firm decision, but the fight is a lot closer than all the "Hamill got robbed" crowd is saying.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you had inside info on Hamill's camp, I still think Bisping is a good bet. Hamill hadn't shown any sort of decent standup before this fight.

IMO, Hamill clearly took Rd. 1, Bisping took Rd. 3. The decision sways depending on how you took round 2. For instance, here's Sherdog's take on the second round:

"Round 2
The Ohioan catches a Bisping low kick and takes him to the floor. Bisping goes high with his hips, using a rubber guard. Hamill stands and invites Bisping to trade. The Brit obliges, and throws a one-two. Right elbow cracks Bisping's skull. Hamill shoots and rips Bisping to the mat. Bisping gets to his feet and throws a left, right combo that glances. Hamill looks tired with a minute left in the second. Sloppy double jab lands for Hamill. Bisping unloads with a flashy combo but nothing lands. Tough round to score, but Sherdog.com awards it to Bisping due to aggression, 10-9."

I'd have to watch the fight again to really make a firm decision, but the fight is a lot closer than all the "Hamill got robbed" crowd is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ whoever thinks Bisping was the aggressor at any point in that fight. He was circling the octagon like a little girl.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface this by saying I had no money on this fight.

We obviously, didn't watch the same fight...Hamill got robbed! Hamill was far and away the better fighter. Hamill was the aggressor at least 80% of that fight. After seeing that, I'd be wary of betting on this sport...
Old 09-09-2007, 03:57 AM

One of Rampage's trophy's cases in his living room:

Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 AM

pretty clear 29/28 hamill and 49/46 jackson decisions. i hate judges.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty clear 29/28 hamill and 49/46 jackson decisions. i hate judges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, hamil was more liek 30-27. 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 is what i woulda htought, all for hammil That was a DISGUSTING decision.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:33 AM

Mike, P: Hamill/Bisping? RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGED.

Joe Tall: Awesome that you're not the jealous type!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 AM

hamill got robbed. Bisping didnt deserve anything. "Octagon control" is the key point here, bisping ran and backpedalled like a little girl for the entire fight. He got taken down at will, which counts for something. He was let back up, and not much damage was done on the ground, but it does count for something, the same way landing a jab that doesnt really hurt your opponent still counts.

Hamill outboxed him, took him down, and was the aggressor 90% of the fight. Bisping landed like 6 punches the whole time. wow highway robbery.

also, i'd like to pat my own back for pimping Kongo. maybe i got lucky, maybe i'm an mma sharp, who knows.