Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Why is SNG rake so high?

Obviously not. Figure out other ways, idiot.

Ryan
Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Not to be a wet blanket, but we had this whole conversation a lot more vocieferously a year or so ago and nothing came of it. I think stars has made their statement with the $35+$3s and it's basically up to us to decide if we want to live with it. I guess a boycott might have some PR effect on PS mgmt though.

I think if they do anything it would be to just make the VIP program sweeter. That seems to be their answer to trying to keep the pros happy and still fleece the fish.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 PM

The SnG players are definatly taking it up the ass every day.
Its rake-raping
No more than 5% and no more than 5$. Thats what I'd like to see.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 PM

im definetely game for this, i think a one day boycott would suffice though. I mean, really show them how none of their games will hardly even run without regulars, especially at 60s+. This would be a spectacular chance for stars to just take the ENTIRE SNG market, if they would just lower their rake to a more normal level. Lets really do this, i mean, the worst thing that could happen would be that it stays at its normal level and we all get a day (or a week) off...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a wet blanket, but we had this whole conversation a lot more vocieferously a year or so ago and nothing came of it. I think stars has made their statement with the $35+$3s and it's basically up to us to decide if we want to live with it. I guess a boycott might have some PR effect on PS mgmt though.

I think if they do anything it would be to just make the VIP program sweeter. That seems to be their answer to trying to keep the pros happy and still fleece the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suzzer, this attitude is why nothing will probably change. We really all need to get together on this. I can tell none of you have ever worked in a union. The VIP program probably won't get any better btw. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Ryan
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 PM

If sites are greedy then they aren't doing anything to help themselves. They are stupid because the high buyin sngs could have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more action if they just update the [censored] rake structure.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Ryan,

Your SNG boycott is just as pointless as the "Don't buy gas on the 17th!" emails.

Your union analogy is foolish as well.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:31 PM

it's so elky could get to supernova elite first obv

but seriously, it is ridiculous and i don't understand it at all
Old 07-25-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Suzzer, this attitude is why nothing will probably change. We really all need to get together on this. I can tell none of you have ever worked in a union. The VIP program probably won't get any better btw. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8444185

So every 6 months or so we're supposed to get all fired up about this, Stars won't do anything, then we do it all over again? Sign me up Norma Rae!

That email from Lee is pretty cool actually.

Btw I do agree it may be useful to make a fuss, but ultimately only to help sweeten the VIP program. I really don't see them changing rake unless maybe FTP does first. JMHO.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM

If Stars made their statement with the $32+3 it's clear what the answer from the players is because those SNGs almost never run. I'm nearly positive PokerStars is losing money by not lowering rake. Think of all the players who were mulitabling insane amounts of SNGs and paying tons of rake but now have moved to cash.