Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-28-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Southwest Airlines is [censored] awesome (warning: seriously aweso

I like the simple fact that the Southwest rep kept saying "fat people" instead of some other more PC term. love it.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you anticipate charging mothers with crying babies more? Or parents of children who kick the seat in front? How about loud people or those with offensive language? Or those who talk too much or drink too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually in favor of this.

Imagine how quickly a mother would control her bratty kid kicking the seat, climbing all over the place, yelling, etc. if the flight attendant could come up and say, "I'm sorry Ms. Smith, but I have already given you one warning, I am now going to have to charge a $50 penalty. Each subsequent offense will result in an additional $50 penalty. Please control your child."
Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Southwest Airlines is [censored] awesome (warning: seriously awesome)

Last night I caught the red eye out of Vegas back to DFW. It was the first time I was next to an obese person, and it sucked. Her and her husband were both obese, and they had asked if they could upgrade to first class, and they (me too) were told 'no', the flight was full. When they shut the door to the plane, two first class seats were empty. [censored] USAirways, they [censored] suck.

Anyways, this woman is basically spilling over into my seat, and I've got to give up 1/4 of it to her arm/side body combination. And i'm about 6'2 230 so it really sucked.

If I were say, my height and above 260, I'd fly first class all the time b/c 3 coach seats = 2 first class seats in terms of size.

I didn't like having to give up part of my seat b/c the lady couldn't fit in hers.

I know it's a sensitive issue, and if I were obeses I'd be pissed about having to buy 2 tickets, but it really isn't fair to people who bought a ticket and have to sit that close to someone else on a flight.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Southwest Airlines is [censored] awesome (warning: seriously awesome)

Generally harsh, but I didn't understand this part:
[ QUOTE ]

Southwest: No. Both must buy two seats. They may get a refund if the plane is not full if they let us know in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they assuming that anyone forced to buy two seats NEEDS the entire acreage?

And shouldn't they require them to buy THREE seats, so no one is trapped behind them?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Generally harsh, but I didn't understand this part:
[ QUOTE ]

Southwest: No. Both must buy two seats. They may get a refund if the plane is not full if they let us know in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they assuming that anyone forced to buy two seats NEEDS the entire acreage?

And shouldn't they require them to buy THREE seats, so no one is trapped behind them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... arent the seats in sections of 3? If a wife and husband are both obese would they have to buy the entire row of 3 and some random seat somewhere else?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I was thinking the same thing... arent the seats in sections of 3? If a wife and husband are both obese would they have to buy the entire row of 3 and some random seat somewhere else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume it would have to go like this

A B C
_ _ _

A B C
_ _ _

Fatty #1 buys AB in the front row, normal person buys C
Fatty #2 buys AB in second row, normal person buys C
Old 05-29-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume it would have to go like this

A B C
_ _ _

A B C
_ _ _

Fatty #1 buys AB in the front row, normal person buys C
Fatty #2 buys AB in second row, normal person buys C

[/ QUOTE ]

So a fat person cant sit next to their fat spouse?
Oh yeah southwest you dont have assigned seats its first come first serve so who is even to say those two seats for the weight challenged end up together?
i.e. All couples of 2 fill every row and there is 1 empty seat on the end of each row.

Although the conversation is funny and I do think they should have to do something..
Old 05-29-2007, 02:40 PM

So instead of getting a healthy meal or going for a jog or something, these fatties attend a convention to try and save on airline seats when they already spend probably $90382403284208 more per year on food than they really need? [censored] fatties lose some [censored] weight god damn.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 PM

Three years ago I had what I called my bad beat trip to Vegas. It started out with me losing my first buy-in in a NL game at the B when on about the third hand I was dealt I got the red aces and raised and around to the button who pushed all-in with the black kings and the board came all spades and ended with me getting on the plane, getting stuck with a middle seat assignment(America West, I think) and as I'm sitting there with an aisle seat open next to me spot this behometh(at least 450 lb) waddling down the aisle.

Mentally, I'm praying, please no, don't stop here, keep on going but no it was the bad beat trip so I won the lottery of who had to sit next to the morbidly obese guy.

Turns out he was very considerate, saying he was sorry and that he would scrunch himself up as small as possible. And the poor [censored] really tried to but he still spilled half way over onto my seat. I guess I should have complained but the plane was sold out so I didn't want to cause a big embarrassment and suffered for 5 hours with this guys blubber suffocating me.

Beleive me, the 2 seat policy is a good one.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Am I the only one that thinks fat people shouldn't be allowed to fly period? At the very least, it would be good impetus for them to get off their fat lazy asses and get in shape.