Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 05-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Twin Cities players sick of limit poker.

[ QUOTE ]

Does the same in texas although I dont know the particulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I did know that. Denton and Hillsboro in Texas.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:10 PM

the pony peckers are just average, but the cookies make it way +EV from an implied luck odds point of view....and, the pissers are right in the room too for all u old fartz
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but Turtle Lake is closer w/ unreal action. Nice try luring limi-donks to your neck of the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]
True dat. The drive to Iowa is suicidal and boring. Not to mention the [censored] speed limit and border speed traps (2 tickets in 1 day, 1 going 70 in a 55 other 57 in a 55, I think the cop called ahead:-))
Turtle lake has 1-2 No limit, and some low limit games spread accross 8 tables last time I was there. Although the action is pretty good you also have alot of BAD players. Got called all in preflop by a 5/7 o to my j/j for 300$, guy flopped a straight, otherwise I love that play:-D

If you are an ex cantebury player do yourself a favor and dont wear your cantebury hat or talk like helmuth or annie duke. I'll tell you to [censored] off and mock your "minnesota pro" status.

If you are that good, play online or go to vegas. We go to turtle for fun, NL, and live craps. Not to get harrassed by a wannabe pro who wants to criticise our play.

That said, another good thing about turtle lake is they have a big screen tv that you can control while you wait for a game to open up, a hot dog machine, cookies, fruit, and pop that are available to players. I've been all over the world and have yet to see such anemities outside of a high roller area.

Iowa is -EV no matter what.
Turtle lake or a junket to vegas a much better alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at being an "ex-Canterbury player." Thats tantamount to lighting money on fire.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Semi-off topic response...

I thank the poker gods daily for the lack of NL at Canterbury. The horrible players at CP who now feed the games week in and week out would show up at the NL tables, soooooo happy that they could finally "bet enough to get someone off a hand" and they would get absolutely slaughtered. The feeding frenzy would last a few months, maybe six, then the games would dry up as so many of the regulars just stopped coming. A year later and attendance would be down by a third and the games would be much less good. Bleh.

Keep your NL at Turtle and other places. I'll be hanging out at the 8/16 on table 5.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Semi-off topic response...

I agree big time with what Milo says. If CP added NL the big LHE games from 6/12 up to 30/60 would be severely weakened, fish would go broke quickly and the whole vibe would change for the worse. If you don't believe this just look at the death of mid limit games in Vegas due to NL taking over.
If you want to play NL drive to Turtle or Iowa and leave CP as is.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are an ex cantebury player do yourself a favor and dont wear your cantebury hat. I'll tell you to [censored] off and mock your "minnesota pro" status.

[/ QUOTE ]

<<< oh snap... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
That said, another good thing about turtle lake is they have a big screen tv that you can control while you wait for a game to open up, a hot dog machine, cookies, fruit, and pop that are available to players. I've been all over the Third world and have yet to see such anemities outside of a high roller area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their hot dogs make me shjt. The prime rib samiches downstairs are good though.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No joke. That place sounds like a game that would spring up in the basement of a church.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. You got old men playing 4 handed 3/6 limit. Then you have WPT viewers of all ages playing 1/2 "All-in poker". Badly.

My favorite guy to play against is Rob W. Cha-ching [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but Turtle Lake is closer w/ unreal action. Nice try luring limi-donks to your neck of the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]
True dat. The drive to Iowa is suicidal and boring. Not to mention the [censored] speed limit and border speed traps (2 tickets in 1 day, 1 going 70 in a 55 other 57 in a 55, I think the cop called ahead:-))
Turtle lake has 1-2 No limit, and some low limit games spread accross 8 tables last time I was there. Although the action is pretty good you also have alot of BAD players. Got called all in preflop by a 5/7 o to my j/j for 300$, guy flopped a straight, otherwise I love that play:-D

If you are an ex cantebury player do yourself a favor and dont wear your cantebury hat or talk like helmuth or annie duke. I'll tell you to [censored] off and mock your "minnesota pro" status.

If you are that good, play online or go to vegas. We go to turtle for fun, NL, and live craps. Not to get harrassed by a wannabe pro who wants to criticise our play.

That said, another good thing about turtle lake is they have a big screen tv that you can control while you wait for a game to open up, a hot dog machine, cookies, fruit, and pop that are available to players. I've been all over the world and have yet to see such anemities outside of a high roller area.

Iowa is -EV no matter what.
Turtle lake or a junket to vegas a much better alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

The drive to turtle lake is not quicker it took me 1hr 37min from Bloomington to get to Iowa its 35 all the way unlike the drive to turtle which takes 2+ hours and you have to go though every little ass town with 35mph speed limits.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 PM

I never thought about the implications of Canterbury getting No-Limit games.

I have the feeling I would make many thousands of dollars in a short amount of time.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM

i would love it if canterbury had no limit. i don't see CP drying up if there was some NL tables going. With the amount of high income in that area, people would love to come and play the "cadillac of hold-em".

There are enough crazy asians/old people for all of us...