Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: NL100 Blind on Blind

[ QUOTE ]
If you think he has a draw just check. I don't think a bet will fold much out here - definitely not a ten, maybe a 6 or a 5 though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If you think he has a draw, then you should offer him the wrong implied odds by charging him the draw as if he has the implied odds when he actually doesn't. This applies when you know he has a draw and you know you can fold to his value-bet when his draw hits.

Bilbo-sans, Thanks for the input, and you do have a good point. I might try it sometime.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:28 AM

This has become more interesting that I thought it might. Bilbo, I might prod you by suggesting that betting the flop can't be too bad because it gives an OOP draw a chance to make a mistake.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch,
You have to bet flop here. Checking behind and then betting the turn will only get hands that beat you to call.

Betting river after betting the turn is just horriblee. Villian is going to have a hard time believing you that you have a ten here. I would even imagine him calling with a pair of 6's and 5's.

If you are going to double barrel semi-bluff, then do so on flop-turn.

Barrin6

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying a 6 or a 5, or any better pair EVER folds the flop?

I don't believe you.

Betting this flop is a terrible bluff, because you'll check behind the turn if you get called, and villain will value bet the river AND bet a lot of busted draws, and you can't call.

I could see double-barreling here, I guess. But if you actually want to show down, Grunch's line is far better not because better hands will fold, but because Villain isn't likely to check 2 streets with a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]I fire this flop and most any flop in this situation,i agree not doing so it what gave us all the hard decisions later.Btw,why is everyone so interested in raising more preflop again???Why are we so worried about playing this hand again???
Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 AM

5th street:

I didn't find any decision in this hand difficult. In fact I thought the hand practically played on auto pilot. I just thought it was a little interesting because there were a few different valid lines that could be taken.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Maybe,but id say more in general at least betting the flop here will lead to less tough decisions and win you a few pots.Ive played hands the exact same way a few times recently and ended up asking myself why i didnt bet the flop after shutting down when turn called by a small pocket pair or other hand i couldve pushed out perhaps having position and leading the betting,so maybe im just paranoid.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 AM

I usually bet the flop, because almost always c-bet in blind battles. Now this hand has go me thinking about the value of a flop check.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting this flop is a terrible bluff, because you'll check behind the turn if you get called, and villain will value bet the river AND bet a lot of busted draws, and you can't call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this flop because I'd bet cbet in this spot close to always. Do you suggest to let your opponent draw out for free?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this flop because I'd bet cbet in this spot close to always. Do you suggest to let your opponent draw out for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, and that is indeed a great reason to be the flop.

Being Devil's Advocate however, I'd point out that just because there's a couple draws on board that doesn't mean the opponent has one. In fact, he usually won't. This being BvB makes this even more true.

Edit: Also, if the opponent does have a draw and it completes on the turn, we'll be able to get away from this hand quick & easy before it becomes a big pot.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:13 AM

I bet the flop because our hand doesn't have enough value to check here imo. We don't want to induce bluffs with a hand this weak and we can get ourdrawn very, very easily. I'm happy just to play it straightforwardly, cbetting the flop and shutting down if called.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop because our hand doesn't have enough value to check here imo. We don't want to induce bluffs with a hand this weak and we can get ourdrawn very, very easily. I'm happy just to play it straightforwardly, cbetting the flop and shutting down if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about the bluffs, but my read on this opponent was that he won't be doing much bluffing. Perhaps I didn't make that clear.