Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 03-09-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Bottom set on on a very dry board, 4 players to the flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So for those of you saying get it in with the 33, I assume you love BB's play of continuing with aces here, since hero's hand looks 'like a float or a small pp, and button's hand looks like TT or JJ'. I guess we're just doomed to always go broke with aces even on raggy uncoordinated boards in multiway pots?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

You've made some really horrible, illogical assumptions here. Let's not hijack the thread with strawmen arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

putting the button on TT or JJ is idiotic. sorry, u post stuff like that, expect smart posters to rip you up.

he has air or a bigger set every time. also williamhill is not the type to get away from hands and ilvdnfl is a tight smart player.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3- PEOPLE WITH LOW POST COUNTS WHO DO NOT PLAY IN THESE GAMES - NO ONE [censored] CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. DO YOU THINK YOUR ADVICE IS USEFUL?? YOU CANT EVEN BEAT 1/2 NL SO WHY DO YOU THINK WE CARE WHAT YOU WOULD DO IN THIS SPOT? EITHER ASK HELPFUL QUESTIONS TO FOSTER DISCUSSION OR STICK TO LURKING AND POSTING IN THE STRATEGY FORUMS WHERE YOUR ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL.

god damn it... like, for instance, "if you are going to make that call preflop with 33 and then fold on a 843 board reconsider your preflop call..." That's just so [censored] stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen brother
Old 03-09-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
putting the button on TT or JJ is idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if you say so. We'll just take your word for it since you won't explain.

The only thing I am confused about is why you quoted a straw man argument which had nothing to do with the actual hand.

[ QUOTE ]

he has air or a bigger set every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's just stupid, given the action and bet sizes. I am assuming you think he will always either fold or call with a hand like JJ. We'll never know because you won't tell us, nor give any "reasoning".

[ QUOTE ]

also williamhill is not the type to get away from hands and ilvdnfl is a tight smart player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that's good to know (no sarcasm). It sounds like OP (Hero) doesn't really know these guys though, so this should really just be an aside.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:04 PM

button on TT/JJ!
hilarious!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
button on TT/JJ!
hilarious!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another "great player" who can't or won't explain his reasoning.

And people wonder why this forum sucks?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So for those of you saying get it in with the 33, I assume you love BB's play of continuing with aces here, since hero's hand looks 'like a float or a small pp, and button's hand looks like TT or JJ'. I guess we're just doomed to always go broke with aces even on raggy uncoordinated boards in multiway pots?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

You've made some really horrible, illogical assumptions here. Let's not hijack the thread with strawmen arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, strawmen arguments like your fantasy land where the thinking, smart button COULD have TT trying to figure out where he is at, putting the bb on AK and the floater on 99, 77, 66, 55, and 22? Or where the button decides it's min-raising time with 56s to potentially charge himself the absolute max closing the action with 2 guys who obviously like their hands(giving him great implied odds if he spikes)? There is a small, small possibility button is on air here if our hero has a brutally bad image and is seen as the type who could come along with absolute trash here AND the bb is the type that would lead AK into this big field here after raising pretty small with it preflop. You also somehow give the button a range that does not beat AA(because if it did, it would logically beat our hand as well) - so who has the strawman argument again?

James
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lol, strawmen arguments like your fantasy land where the thinking, smart button

[/ QUOTE ]

You're first obvious mistake. Where in the OP does it say anything about the button being a thinking, smart player? All it says is his screen name. Given that there is no description, he is most likely an unknown to the OP.

[ QUOTE ]

COULD have TT trying to figure out where he is at, putting the bb on AK and the floater on 99, 77, 66, 55, and 22?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key for me is the bet sizes. Had the BB fired $2K, been called, then been raised, then obviously I am not gonna think an unknown could have a TT in this spot. However, $850 was bet into a $2650 pot. The raise of this tiny bet was basically a min-raise. This muddies the water a bit. What should Button do with JJ here? Explain to me your thinking.

[ QUOTE ]

Or where the button decides it's min-raising time with 56s to potentially charge himself the absolute max closing the action with 2 guys who obviously like their hands(giving him great implied odds if he spikes)?

[/ QUOTE ]

They obviously like their hand because one guy bet $850 into a $2650 pot? I'm not so sure how much he likes his hand. The caller is a little more troubling, but it's not like he has shown massive strength calling a 1/3 pot bet here.

[ QUOTE ]

There is a small, small possibility button is on air here if our hero has a brutally bad image and is seen as the type who could come along with absolute trash here AND the bb is the type that would lead AK into this big field here after raising pretty small with it preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's imagine he does have AK. You are clearly saying that JJ will not raise this tiny bet. This means he will call. Calling and checking the turn actually gives AK a good chance to win the pot. Or maybe you think he would just fold? Then it's not a bad bet either. Honestly, try to think through your seemingly arbitrary assumptions. If you disagree that he could have JJ here, that's fine. Just tell us WHY. You might actually learn something when you realize how stupid it is to believe he could have air here, but not JJ.

[ QUOTE ]

so who has the strawman argument again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I'm pretty sure you don't even know what a strawman argument is.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button on TT/JJ!
hilarious!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another "great player" who can't or won't explain his reasoning.

And people wonder why this forum sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you play in this game? post your screenname if so. thanks

i wont explain my reasoning cause i dont want to give away too much. takes a real pro to know that button will never have TT/JJ and i cant jeopardize my edge
Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you play in this game? post your screenname if so. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you pretty much summarize everything that is wrong with this forum.

I don't play in that game. If I did, I would never give you my screen name you [censored] moron.

25/50 is the highest I have played online. 25/50 is the highest I have played live also. Does this help? I can't imagine it does...

Anyway, thanks for all of the great input. You're a real asset to the forum.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 PM

im not gonna bother to read the rest of your poor analysis in the rest of your thread but ilvdnfl will never have TT or JJ here. im not gonna explain why because it is very obvious that he wont have that. he's not an idiot.

the bottom line in this hand is OP can either believe ilvdnfl and fold, or put the rest in and hope hes got a bluff, maybe a straight draw.