Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 01-24-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Matusow in Stars Cash Games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's horribly busto. Expected suicide some time this year. Unfortunate as I like the guy and he sometimes plays well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a jerk but how do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, just an assumption. He's hardly robusto considering how much he loses online and live. He has been shortstacking 25/50 and he has a serious gambling problem.
Also I hope he isn't busto because I do find him entertaining to watch and he does play good on occasions.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure it's something to do with BUSTO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 25/50NL is busto plz sign me up asap

[/ QUOTE ]
It is when your playing with someone else's money [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's money is he playing with? and can i have some?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mikes name on ub is dillpickle

[/ QUOTE ]

he also has another name on UB he uses now, not dillpickle, but he hasnt been playing there recently, just FYI
Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM

btw, Mikey is not broke like I say over and over and over again, he has plenty of money
Old 01-24-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's horribly busto. Expected suicide some time this year. Unfortunate as I like the guy and he sometimes plays well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a jerk but how do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, just an assumption. He's hardly robusto considering how much he loses online and live. He has been shortstacking 25/50 and he has a serious gambling problem.
Also I hope he isn't busto because I do find him entertaining to watch and he does play good on occasions.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you basically know nothing. thanks!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's no way the pros associated w/ FTP would sign away all rights to play anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've been told by one of them in confidence, his Full Tilt agreement states precisely that.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:53 PM

So much for confidence.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's no way the pros associated w/ FTP would sign away all rights to play anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they would.

Why would Full Tilt sign an agreement for anything less? They wouldn't.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they would.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if Full Tilt would want/make them sign an agreement like that, don't you think it would be VERY hard for them to enforce this? i wouldn't think that these guys would sign the contract if it prevented them from taking up +ev situations/tournaments on other sites. i would think that the pros would hold more power/say in their contracts than the site. the pros could refuse to enter into such a binding agreement and "threaten" to go somewhere else and the FTP would be kind of screwed then since most of the FTP pros are the biggest names in the business.

i could be way off, and you might be right on, i just think the way that it's worded offers a few alternative interpretations than just "these guys ONLY play here."
Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they would.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if Full Tilt would want/make them sign an agreement like that, don't you think it would be VERY hard for them to enforce this? i wouldn't think that these guys would sign the contract if it prevented them from taking up +ev situations/tournaments on other sites. i would think that the pros would hold more power/say in their contracts than the site. the pros could refuse to enter into such a binding agreement and "threaten" to go somewhere else and the FTP would be kind of screwed then since most of the FTP pros are the biggest names in the business.

i could be way off, and you might be right on, i just think the way that it's worded offers a few alternative interpretations than just "these guys ONLY play here."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think it would be virtually impossible to enforce.

No, I don't think the player has all the pull in the negotiations. There are only so many sites and the sites have only so many advertising dollars and how many sites do you see signing lots of players? It's pretty much just Full Tilt.

UB has what, three players? Stars has the three champions plus a handful of others. Full Tilt has like a gabillion.

And I am sure that exclusivity is in the contract and the Full Tilt people expect that this won't be perfectly honored but it does mean that Tilt has the exclusive right to advertise that the player plays at the site. so if Matusow goes and wins the WCOOP championship there aren't going to be any commercials about it.