Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-30-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Does \"ordering actions which result in the deaths of innocent Iraq

[ QUOTE ]
If you built the bridge knowing full well that innocent people would die then yes you are responsible

[/ QUOTE ]

By this logic every president that has entered into a war is guilty, it is war, innocent people are going to die. It's an unavoidable fact.

I understand if you are just against war, period, but if you somehow expected Bush to fight a war in which no innocent people die, that is where I would take issue with you. I would say it is completely unreasonable to expect such a thing.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By this logic every president that has entered into a war is guilty,

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm not the one advocating hanging Saddam. All I'm saying is don't pretend that your not a massive hypocrite if you think Saddam should be punished but others shouldn't for doing the very same thing!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Does \"ordering actions which result in the deaths of innocent Iraqis\"

[ QUOTE ]
How any American can still support Bush is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't have a virulent hatred for Bush the way many of you do is that he has the hardest job in the world. He has had to make decisions that most of us couldn't imagine being able to make. I think you are kidding yourself if you can honestly say that you would be able to sit in Bush's shoes for a week and make better decisions than he has. It's so easy for us to sit from the safety of our computers and say that Bush is a liar and a murderer and a moron in retrospect. I know I wouldn't be able to make one tenth of the decisions he has had to, therefore I feel that it would be wrong for me to condem Bush the way so many of you do so easily. Once again I will say that if you think you would have done a better job being put in the same situation you are kidding yourself. Unless you can honestly say that I don't think you have any right to be so critical of Bush.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm not the one advocating hanging Saddam. All I'm saying is don't pretend that your not a massive hypocrite if you think Saddam should be punished but others shouldn't for doing the very same thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush has not done the same thing as Saddam though.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actions not words. Knowingly issued orders for an offensive which meant innocent people would die.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actions not words. Knowingly issued orders for an offensive which meant innocent people would die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Innocent people die in any war, and you have no way of knowing how many innocent people were saved because of the war.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Innocent people die in any war, and you have no way of knowing how many innocent people were saved because of the war.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no way of knowing how many innocent people were saved when Saddam had the subversives killed.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you can simplify things to this extent. Your analysis would say the U.S. entrance into WW2 was the same as Saddam's actions.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no way of knowing how many innocent people were saved when Saddam had the subversives killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people Saddam killed were not a threat to anyone other than Saddam, many weren't even a threat to him, his own paranoia led him to kill.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people killed in the Iraq conflict were not a threat to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]