Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 12-21-2006, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Giga the hustler???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Most of what Giga posted about his bankroll, his results, his poker achievements, etc., were complete lies, a big fiction created to enable him to con lots of people out of lots of money. Some people were able to recover their money after he made a score or two, others weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this story detailed anywhere else? I'd search for gigabet, but I'm afraid it might crash my computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, forget I mentioned it...
Old 12-21-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Most of what Giga posted about his bankroll, his results, his poker achievements, etc., were complete lies, a big fiction created to enable him to con lots of people out of lots of money. Some people were able to recover their money after he made a score or two, others weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]
is this story detailed anywhere else? I'd search for gigabet, but I'm afraid it might crash my computer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I'm going to be surprised if the "full story" ever really comes out. I don't know the full story either btw, I'm just saying that the people who do know the full story are a lot more unlikely to talk in this situation.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 AM

Around the time ZJ got caught, it was rumoured that multi-accounting was also used heavily to cheat the step 5 2 table SNGs. It was one of the areas of succes for Giga, so while most of his stories may be fabricated, the succes-stories that people have actually seen (the Step and MTT wins) may have been engineered. Consider the lengths he went to defend highly controversial plays (calling allins from small stacks with clear underdogs... chipdumping?) with his incomprehensible theory posts.

This is rumour, but not having heard from him since the ZJ multi-account scandal adds to the suspicion.

I have no details on the sidebet story.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is rumour, but not having heard from him since the ZJ multi-account scandal adds to the suspicion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. Do you see why?
Old 12-21-2006, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently you see why
Old 12-21-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know the full story either btw, I'm just saying that the people who do know the full story are a lot more unlikely to talk in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

N82,

Who are "the people who do know the full story"? Drop a name or two. Especially if you know they are posters here and holding out.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:40 PM

He disapeared because everytime he would post meaningful strategy he would get flamed by the idiots on 2+2, just like raymer did after he won the main event.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Around the time ZJ got caught, it was rumoured that multi-accounting was also used heavily to cheat the step 5 2 table SNGs. It was one of the areas of succes for Giga, so while most of his stories may be fabricated, the succes-stories that people have actually seen (the Step and MTT wins) may have been engineered. Consider the lengths he went to defend highly controversial plays (calling allins from small stacks with clear underdogs... chipdumping?) with his incomprehensible theory posts.

I have no details on the sidebet story.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny. I remember reading those stories when they were fresh. I recall he couldn't really come up with a satistactory reason for pushing allin behind with something like Q2o and sucking out on the BB's KK. Some meta game crap or other. It just lent more to his legend in the eyes of the believers. To me, it just seemed plain dumb.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He disapeared because everytime he would post meaningful strategy he would get flamed by the idiots on 2+2, just like raymer did after he won the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure if your post was serious or sarcastic tbh. He still seemed to enjoy his 2+2 followers and the 'gigabet myth' we upheld in his last thread. Maybe he enjoyed Diablo's entry less.

that he left because of getting flamed for posting meaningfull strategy is BS. Raymer left because of the idiots calling him fat idiot, gigabet got his ass kissed enough on 2+2 and never got flamed much around here.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know the full story either btw, I'm just saying that the people who do know the full story are a lot more unlikely to talk in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
N82,

Who are "the people who do know the full story"? Drop a name or two. Especially if you know they are posters here and holding out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'd say that Scott knows the full story. You can probably figure out the other people who hang out with Scott and Gigabet, or have been associated with them. I'd guess they know also, but I don't think I'll be the one to name them -- especially because there's no way they'd post about it on here.