Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-21-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Milt Romney.....

[ QUOTE ]
He's an attractive candidate. He's well-spoken, he has charisma, he's personable and good-looking. I think he'll run circles around both McCain and Guiliani in debates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and my point in bringing this up is that it appears that this has been planned for a while and he is being 'groomed'.

As to whether or not he is electable because he is a Mormon?

That may be a serious issue, but I'd be willing to bet that there's some serious evaluation going on and the ultimate future position that he may occupy in the Republican party will be dependent upon how he fares in the polls that will test the waters in that regard.

He may make the ideal VP candidate, should the powers that be deem him unelectable as President.

I have said it before.....He is a very polished and skilled politician.

Watch him closely....he deftly and seamlessly switches positions as the political tides ebb & flow.

He is a real pro.

Is a Guiliani/Romney ticket in the stars for 2008?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If he runs on a universal healthcare platform, I'd not only vote for him, I'd campaign for him. If, on the other hand, he makes no campaing promises, I'll stick with my Green/Democrat/Libritarian hierarchy of voting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man! im so excited that Mr Romney solved my healthcare problem in MA! It was so simple and just as good as the car insurance deal we have here in "shitland" i mean Massachusetts. All they had to do was force us to buy healthcare from private healthcare companies and if we dont, we dont get our state taxes back! score 1 for the good guys there. And dont give me that if you dont like living there then leave BS. why should i leave, they're the ones who suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all universal health care is alike...if what you say is the situation, that's just a non solution that masks itself as reform, but, in reality is just a way the HMO lobby found to get more customers.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 AM

If Giuliani secures the presidential nomination, I would think he'd be wise to take someone from another area of the country as his running mate. Even with Romney on the ticket, the Dems will win Massachusetts. Kerry should have taken somebody who would have helped him in a close state.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the dust settles, if Romney emerges as the only "true" social conservative, Id expect to see a change of heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

What social conservative is pro-choice? Granted since his name has started coming up for the pres he is now pro-life but does anyone really think that this will fool the true social conservatives?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:09 AM

If dude wasn't mormon he would have a great chance in the general election. From what I gather he is not conservative enough both socially and economically for the base.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's an attractive candidate. He's well-spoken, he has charisma, he's personable and good-looking. I think he'll run circles around both McCain and Guiliani in debates.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only one who comes close to Romney as a speaker is Newt, and Newt just doesn't have a chance.

I think when it comes to him being a Mormon, I suppose what matters is "Just how Mormon is he? and will people believe he would put the church ahead of what is good for the country. And if it is true that "evangelicals really dislike mormons. To many they are worse than Muslims." as stated elsewhere in this thread, does that mean they will vote for Hillary instead or will they just stay home?

McCain will fall on his face at some point, he's almost as nuts as Ross Perot and he won't be able to hide it. It's Hillary vs. Romney in 2008.

~ Rick
Old 11-22-2006, 03:21 AM

i love how a non-psycho republican gets recognition and everyone flips out; sort of a funny reflection of how things are/were going.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love how a non-psycho republican gets recognition and everyone flips out; sort of a funny reflection of how things are/were going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which non-psycho are you talking about?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:25 PM

romney, in this case, as the thread's about him
Old 11-22-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
romney, in this case, as the thread's about him

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the clarification......

Who's 'flipping out'?

I'm not. As I said, he has many of the attributes required of a legitimate candidate.

I've lived with him as a governor. He's a consummate politician, and as such could be a formidable candidate.