Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 06-18-2006, 01:33 AM

Default Re: 50/100: Overbet

Aba,

I just don't understand this play. I'd think you get run over by playing like this. You garner zero information by calling the turn, as opposed to raising, but I can sort of understand the turn call if you plan on calling a wide range of rivers. I would think air and a monster are the most likely options, but I could see a random two pair as a "value bet" hoping to extract money from a marginal hand trying to snap a bluff. I respect you a ton as a player and don't play 50/100, but what's your thought proccess through this hand that leads you to fold the river and gain info towards other hands vs. this opponent, cause, it seems like you got outplayed.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:02 AM

Can you explain why you are calling this flop?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why you are calling this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I agee flop float sucks. I will admit that sometimes when playing laggy players on UB I get caught up in the moment with the bet pot button. The game moves so quickly that it is easy to make loose bets and calls. Anyways I think we can move past the flop as we all agree my play was very weak there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2006, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aba,

I just don't understand this play. I'd think you get run over by playing like this. You garner zero information by calling the turn, as opposed to raising, but I can sort of understand the turn call if you plan on calling a wide range of rivers. I would think air and a monster are the most likely options, but I could see a random two pair as a "value bet" hoping to extract money from a marginal hand trying to snap a bluff. I respect you a ton as a player and don't play 50/100, but what's your thought proccess through this hand that leads you to fold the river and gain info towards other hands vs. this opponent, cause, it seems like you got outplayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is defenitly a posibility that he was trying to run me over, tho I had made some really thin callers earlier.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 AM

I know Patrik quite well from the EPT circuit in Europe.

I think hes capable of betting ANY two cards on the river. Against Patrik on semi tilt i cant pass this, not a chance. More than 50% of the time in this situation id be good im sure. I know its hard to put variance into perspective here due to the randomness of the hand, but still seems a pretty standard call against a tilty Patrik!

what did he have by the way?
Old 06-18-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what did he have by the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I folded so there won't be any results.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2006, 02:03 PM

i dont like his bet here w/ any range of hands fwiw- since he plays these games w/ some frequency.