Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

View Poll Results: Around the Horn or PTI?
Around the Horn 18 6.62%
PTI 207 76.10%
(I watch both no problem) 47 17.28%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Ask a highschool dropout

[ QUOTE ]
VegasNick,

How much would you have to lose before killing yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]i dont think its gonna be because of how much i lost but if i go like a year or 2 with any sucsess whatsoeevr which i dont see how that is possible but..if so then id do it
Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Old 05-18-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VegasNick,

[/ QUOTE ]i dont think its gonna be because of how much i lost but if i go like a year or 2 with any sucsess whatsoeevr which i dont see how that is possible but..if so then id do it

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you lose your original bankroll?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VegasNick,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in your first session?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:50 PM

VegasNick,

How can anyone be as truly stupid as you are?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VegasNick,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] that wont bother me at all
Old 05-18-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VegasNick,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] that wont bother me at all

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you continue playing?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 PM

Nick,

what is (2*3)+1*4/5 ?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Dear VegasNick,

Also, I hope this is a joke and you're leveling us. Boy, I hope so.

But if not, and you are actually in this situation, does it worry you at all that 100% of the people here think that this is SUCH a stupid concept that it can't possibly be true? Have you ever seen some of the posts on these forums? People will legitimately assert that doing hard drugs or fornicating with hookers is a good idea, and mean it.

But yet EVERYBODY here thinks you will fail.

This should motivate you to not be so dumb.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 PM

I dont know what this has to do wth anything but since your not gonna hear it at your own graduation anyways....

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of 07...Wear sunscreen

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years youll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you cant grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked...Youre not as fat as you imagine.

Dont worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing

Dont be reckless with other peoples hearts, dont put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss

Dont waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind...the race is long, and in the end its only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch

Dont feel guilty if you dont know what to do with your life...the most interesting people I know didnt know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still dont.

Get plenty of calcium

Be kind to your knees, youll miss them when theyre gone.

Maybe youll marry, maybe you wont, maybe youll have children, maybe you wont, maybe youll divorce at 40, maybe youll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary...what ever you do, dont congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody elses.

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can...dont be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument youll ever own.

Dance...even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you dont follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents, youll never know when theyll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, price will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do youll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Dont expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Dont mess too much with your hair, or by the time its 40, it will look 85.

Be careful who advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen...