Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]

"Damnit, he put my stapler in Jello again!"

[/ QUOTE ]

The resemblance is uncanny, except Dwight can at times be funny
Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Ummm Hey Yeah Cole this is Daliman from Two Plus Two. I recently sat down To Do Some Flips, but I think you Misunderstood and stole my Blinds Twice.......if I could have those back, that'd be Great. Thanks."

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yves, i thought you were doing a Bill Lumberg impersonation here (the boss from Office Space).

Dali--

Don't you have a son? Shouldn't that put things in perspective for you? (eg- most things ought to seem trivial in comparison to the importance of your son to you). In other words, WTF man? Insults over an internet message board ought to be as trivial as it gets for you.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when I intend to play NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you intended to flip, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet another person with poor reading comprehenion.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Dali,
You seem like a nice guy, but for your own good I suggest you stop posting in this thread. Every post you make just makes you appear worse.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when I intend to play NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you intended to flip, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet another person with poor reading comprehenion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooo so he agreed to flip then…
Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 PM

Dali- I haven't taken to picking on you in the past like many others have, so maybe that might increase the likelyhood that you impartially read what i say, but from your general tone i doubt it.

First of all, if the blind thing is not a huge urgent deal, there is no need to leave Cole a voicemail about it. It's just not appropriate. You have other ways to get in touch with him, and calling to complain about the situation is a bad move in the first place. I suspect he wouldn't have been as concerned over his actions if you had just hit him up on aim to discuss this matter.

As far your exchange with Vanessa, you should understand that there is big difference between a generic insult like "wow, dumb post idiot", and a personal insult, such as "XXX is FUGLY" or any other comment taking aim directing at a component of someone's personality, looks, or lifestlye. Yes both of these are examples of insults, but i'm shocked that as an adult, you don't seem to know how to differentiate between the two.

lastly, sometimes you should just step back and take a good look at what's going on around you dude. Yes, i understand that many people give you [censored] for the sake of giving you [censored], but whenever there is a serious disucssion you often manage to isolate yourself with many intelligent people having to explain to you why you are wrong/out of line, to no avail. Do you think that literally just about everyone in this thread is wrong and you are right? Sometimes, even if you cannot make logical sense of something yourself for whatever, you need to respect the opinions of the others when they are as overwhelming as they are hear as opposed to making ridiculous conclusions like you operating on a higher moral plane when you have demomstrated that you can be as trite and instigatory as anyone else here on these boards. So next time use your head. If cole is 12 tabling, don't sit in and post a blind. It's not his responsibility. That's all i have to say, hopefully you just drop it.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He immediately sits out and types "$250 FLIP ?" I don't do coinflips, never have with him or anything, and type "no i don't flip"

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor reading comprehension? I don't think theres much confusion about this.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 PM

[Dwight is wearing a tuxedo]

Pam: It's a nice tux.

Dwight Schrute: I know. It belonged to my grandfather. He was buried in it, so... family heirloom.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM

I am posting in this thread.

If anybody wants my friendship, it's only like 15 bucks.

I will give lapoker a discount rate since I want him to like me.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Lol at this thread.
I had a similar situation where I saw a friend sitting in at 25/50 HU table on FTP where he didn't know my screen name. I sat in and he folded the SB. I sat out to spite him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I ended up Pming him on aim telling him it was me and sending him the money back. He said he didn't expect it back. Like apathy said if he had a good hand (top 89% for this lagmoster) he would have raised pf and if I had a good hand I still would have re-raised. By sitting in however I took the risk of him raising and losing my blind if I folded to the raise. In this case I would never ask for the blind back. In the end I still sent it back since I was clearly just messing with him. By sitting in before talking to him about the situation any money I lost would have been on me and I would have expected no refund.

Dali by sitting in the game with Cole before clearing your intentions with him, you are taking any wins or losses upon yourself even if you would send back the money had the situation been reverse.