Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

View Poll Results: Is the Tactic of Fighting to Keep Tom Delay's Name on Texas Ballots Ethical?
No, it is not ethical. 17 60.71%
Yes, it is ethical. 6 21.43%
Neither 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Is this considered offensive?

daniel i think the biggest thing in whether or not something is considered offensive in this regard is whether or not it's funny.

what you did just wasn't funny.

if it had been, then it wouldn't be considered offensive.

double standard, but what can u do?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 excerpts from dn posts

1. So, if you found out that someone you respect actually has a faith in God, does that actually make you think less of their intellect? If so, do you not think that your thinking ia a little flawed?

no when they use the word their instead of they're it does....or maybe they just never were taught english in canada

That's obviously a very simple example, but there are countless others. For example, young children in Africa don't go to hell when they die at 2 yeard old. Jesus brings them to Heaven, thus maintaining the truth in the phrase, "The only way to Heaven is through me."

the "in africa" part is only necessary if you believe all alfricans go to hell, ya racist baaaaastad! ZING!

[/ QUOTE ]

All alfricans do go to hell obv...for eating cats!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you think Negreanu, Lindgren and Cunningham are on the same level of some of the High Stakes NLHE players on this forum, you are very wrong.

I think Aba, Durrrr, etc. would love to play any of those 3 for rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Online or live? You are probably right about online play, I totally suck. As for playing in a live game where I could see them, I'd be game if it was high enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say you'd have to play them online.

Aba, Durrr, etc. I think their edge over you is so significant that they'd be happy to play you live.

I could be wrong (that they'd love to play you live, but I'm definitely not wrong about their edge over you), but I doubt it in this case.

BTW, in case you don't know, Aba = Sbrugby = Brian Townsend who you know from HSP3.

Daniel, my point is not to simply point other NLHE players who are better than you. My point is that discussing strategy/thinking with players better than Lindgren, Cunningham, Harman, etc. at NLHE on this forum can only be beneficial towards your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something you seriously need to learn. You make too many assumptions and with a game like poker, it's often very difficult to determine who the best player is. It takes a very large sample of hands.

You make one silly, no I mean REALLY silly statement, when you say that you are definitely not wrong about their edge over me. How in the world could you "know" that? How? Here's an exercise in wasting time: prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true... daniel is definitely a very smart guy and quick learner... and to say that either brian or i would definitely have an edge over him isnt correct. He doesnt play anywhere near the amount of nlhe i do so i'd assume i would etc. etc. but obviously im nowhere near certain, and anyway i think people just give him crap for dumb reasons. Also theres definitely a very decent chance that he would do very well in the hs online games. Also fwiw lindgren did pretty well in hs omaha iirc- so that statements a bit off base.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you think Negreanu, Lindgren and Cunningham are on the same level of some of the High Stakes NLHE players on this forum, you are very wrong.

I think Aba, Durrrr, etc. would love to play any of those 3 for rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Online or live? You are probably right about online play, I totally suck. As for playing in a live game where I could see them, I'd be game if it was high enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say you'd have to play them online.

Aba, Durrr, etc. I think their edge over you is so significant that they'd be happy to play you live.

I could be wrong (that they'd love to play you live, but I'm definitely not wrong about their edge over you), but I doubt it in this case.

BTW, in case you don't know, Aba = Sbrugby = Brian Townsend who you know from HSP3.

Daniel, my point is not to simply point other NLHE players who are better than you. My point is that discussing strategy/thinking with players better than Lindgren, Cunningham, Harman, etc. at NLHE on this forum can only be beneficial towards your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something you seriously need to learn. You make too many assumptions and with a game like poker, it's often very difficult to determine who the best player is. It takes a very large sample of hands.

You make one silly, no I mean REALLY silly statement, when you say that you are definitely not wrong about their edge over me. How in the world could you "know" that? How? Here's an exercise in wasting time: prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true... daniel is definitely a very smart guy and quick learner... and to say that either brian or i would definitely have an edge over him isnt correct. He doesnt play anywhere near the amount of nlhe i do so i'd assume i would etc. etc. but obviously im nowhere near certain, and anyway i think people just give him crap for dumb reasons. Also theres definitely a very decent chance that he would do very well in the hs online games. Also fwiw lindgren did pretty well in hs omaha iirc- so that statements a bit off base.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ durr trying to entice DN to play.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM

degeneratum,

[ QUOTE ]
2 excerpts from dn posts

1. So, if you found out that someone you respect actually has a faith in God, does that actually make you think less of their intellect? If so, do you not think that your thinking ia a little flawed?

no when they use the word their instead of they're it does....or maybe they just never were taught english in canada

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should elaborate on the proper usage for the words 'their,' 'they're' and 'there.' We could all learn something.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:36 AM

Daniel's main reason for not posting online in the strat forums is kinda simple...I've been doing this for 15 years, I make a good living doing what I'm doing, and I'm fine with that so why my waste time posting in the strat forums.

Seems valid but the fact he keeps coming in here and posting threads etc kind of goes against it...but it may be more simliar to celebrities looking for their photo in US magazine.