Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 04-24-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Results

This hand reminded of this HSNL hand. I thought that any hand that beat me would have raised to charge in case I was drawing, except for a boat. As I pondered the river, I couldn't remember ever seeing trips just call 2 streets on a twotone board. Am I off here? A big pair would be weird too.

The HSNL hand differs from mine in a number of ways -- stack sizes, my hand was HU instead of 3way, and I was getting a worse price on the river -- so I'm not sure how good the call is. Anyway, I made the call, and he showed JTo no spade.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
This hand reminded of this HSNL hand. I thought that any hand that beat me would have raised to charge in case I was drawing, except for a boat. As I pondered the river, I couldn't remember ever seeing trips just call 2 streets on a twotone board. Am I off here? A big pair would be weird too.

The HSNL hand differs from mine in a number of ways -- stack sizes, my hand was HU instead of 3way, and I was getting a worse price on the river -- so I'm not sure how good the call is. Anyway, I made the call, and he showed JTo no spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Nice call... I wouldn't have went through my rant earlier had I known you actually made it!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 PM

so why can't he have a boat?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Nice call... I wouldn't have went through my rant earlier had I known you actually made it!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, thanks!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so why can't he have a boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this was rhetorical or not, but he can, [censored] he can have quads too... Whats your point???