Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Californication

Pretty solid show imo. I can't stand the agent and his wife though.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM

top 5 show on tv
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 PM

My only complaint is the lack of boobies after the pilot. Showing like 5 hot naked girls in the first episode followed by almost no nudity since (this week was an exception) angers this poster.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
top 5 show on tv

[/ QUOTE ]
ldo
Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 AM

the show appeals to 17 year olds and under who are still virgins. people who have actually experienced real relationships realize that the characters on this show live a hellish life of pointless direction and meaning. i only TiVo the show to make fun of the terrible writing. honestly, i would rather watch anything else. even fat @ss oprah.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the show appeals to 17 year olds and under who are still virgins. people who have actually experienced real relationships realize that the characters on this show live a hellish life of pointless direction and meaning. i only TiVo the show to make fun of the terrible writing. honestly, i would rather watch anything else. even fat @ss oprah.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, are you joking? I would bet a lot that the average viewer age for this show is much higher than you think. While the writing can be unrealistic, and over the top, often for sake of making the show more interesting and funny, i don't see how it's terrible in any relative sense. What brilliantly written tv shows are you currently watching, because i seriously would like to know what i'm missing out on that makes californication seem so terribly written.

I think the show appeals highly to the 20 something single male crowd. Which is why my friends and I find it amusing. Also, i love the way hank isn't a pussy, most male characters today on tv seem to be over sensitive pc bitches who think they are macho but really it's the clever wife who runs the show bs a la nearly every sitcom. Hank reminds me of the scotch drinking womanizing guys in another one of my favorite shows, mad men. A show i find interesting in that i like to imagine what it would of been like living in a simpler time before life was pc in nearly every way imaginable, when guys were aloud to be men at the office, and at home.