Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Weekly MicroStakes Home Game Help

Looks good to me. If you want an initial buyin of $10-$20, that's fine, but allow people to rebuy for short after that. And I'm in favor of allowing people to add to their stacks if they're low. This generates action, and we all love action. In fact, if you got down to $5, I'd suggest adding another $5 yourself just to get that sort of mentality in the air... that you don't have to have a full stack, but you don't have to sit with a tiny one either. You want people to be free and comfortable throwing money around.

People will be looking to you to set the tone for what is good and acceptable. Be a happy, action-giving, comfortable-with-rebuying person. When you bust, don't get angry, just shrug and say "that's poker" and quickly pull out another $20. You need to get the tournament players used to the idea that a home NL game doesn't really start until most everyone's a few buyins deep.

Also, the fewer denominations in play the better, so no dimes is good. For some reason my old game used to have chips for every coin except pennies. Even after we upped the stakes to .25/.5, we held onto the .5 chips until someone stole the chipset and we had to re-assign and someone went, "wait, why do we use these again?" Quarter, dollar, five. And hopefully eventually a twenty or $25 chip if you get this thing rolling.