Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: What\'s your scene like?

Pfapfap, for all the booze and beer that you buy, do you charge people per serving or let them drink at will?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 AM

The tourneys have a $15 house donation that covers the drinks and pizza. That usually breaks down to 3 beers, 1/3 of a pizza, and bottomless hooch. There's usually beer left over for the next cash game, too.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:21 AM

excellent choice with the Sierra Nevada.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow man. Nice table, nice looking deck, nice yard, and nice fence [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seems like a really nice place you got there.

As for the Cigars, I like the idea of having a cigar as a celebration. When we do big tournaments back at my place in NY, I usually buy a cigar that day, just incase I win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thx. Its nice as long as the weather holds up (suburb north of Dallas). We've been rained on once...fire drill to collect chips and move to the garage was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to play on a friend's porch and that was pretty cool, until the cold weather comes. Yes, it gets cold in North Texas - sometimes under 30 degrees!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:08 AM

Some nice setups... had a couple of 2+2ers show up to my old game in Jason's garage and run off because it was "too dirty". Hey, I guess we do it different in Denton, yo. Eventually I'm gonna be in a house with a nice roomy 2 car garage and this'll come back, but it's not going to be quite the same.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM

My game is usually on the back patio with two homemade tables and custom Nexgens for chips. I get about 20 people and we play low stakes tourneys ($10 buy in). I will have to move everyone into the garage here soon. This weekend will be the last outdoor game I think.

Pfap, you have such a nice set up, why are you using dice chips? For about $200 you can get a chips and labels. The thing I have against dice chips is they make cheating very easy. Someone can bring a few extras if ya know what I mean. Sure, I'd like to think my crew wouldn't cheat at a $10 game, but I've seen cheaters in lower stakes.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 AM

"Our Scene" : http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

props to zoneblitz & pfapfap....sick lookin' setup
Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Cripes, don't talk to me about chips. I use the dice for the monthly tourneys, but lucky bee nexgen for cash.

I went through such a hassle when I got the lucky bees. Up until then I had just the dice for tourney and cash. Then I bought an assload of nexgens, but the color combinations just didn't work for me (I was too stupid to get a small sample). So I got more chips. It worked okay, but the color combinations between cash and tourney were similar, but not the same, so I thought it'd be confusing (either totally the same or totally different seemed better).... etc etc... so yeah, I ordered a lot of chips over a couple of week period.

Another issue is that there aren't really any cost effective chips that appeal to me visually. To get a full set for the tourneys, I'd need about 1200-1500 chips. If my house fee idea takes off and I open up the monthly tournaments to a larger crowd, then yeah, I'll be getting labels at the very least. So far we've never had a chip missing nor an extra at the end of the night.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 PM

looks sick zone....
Old 09-24-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cripes, don't talk to me about chips. I use the dice for the monthly tourneys, but lucky bee nexgen for cash.

I went through such a hassle when I got the lucky bees. Up until then I had just the dice for tourney and cash. Then I bought an assload of nexgens, but the color combinations just didn't work for me (I was too stupid to get a small sample). So I got more chips. It worked okay, but the color combinations between cash and tourney were similar, but not the same, so I thought it'd be confusing (either totally the same or totally different seemed better).... etc etc... so yeah, I ordered a lot of chips over a couple of week period.

Another issue is that there aren't really any cost effective chips that appeal to me visually. To get a full set for the tourneys, I'd need about 1200-1500 chips. If my house fee idea takes off and I open up the monthly tournaments to a larger crowd, then yeah, I'll be getting labels at the very least. So far we've never had a chip missing nor an extra at the end of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should use standard colors when using chips, so yes a red will count for 5 in a cash, or tourney setting. Keeping consistent helps the players know how much each chip is worth imho. FCI poker sells Nexgen 8000s for .13 each if you're looking for a cheap place. The good thing about them is you can order the quantities in the colors you want.