Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Maybe

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just getting everyone what they've been asking for...a critical detailed argument....they implied they wanted more convincing than what I previously said...and I got it for them...that is all...I do not think there are stipulated rules on thinking in this forum...I doubt its listed at the top of this forum...It is just the stated preference of a few individuals...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making me embarrassed for my species. That is a really sad piece, it's making islam look more and more like an improvement.

luckyme
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, Tpir the livin a lie thing was a cryptic pun on that posters name...some wry humor...guess you missed it...

[/ QUOTE ]
It wasn't cryptic, I just totally missed it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 PM

luckyme I really thought you were smarter from other posts you have made...You just took a personal stab at me with absolutely no critical analysis to back up your criticism of the posted argument...If something is weak prove it...but meditate on the implications first...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just getting everyone what they've been asking for...a critical detailed argument....they implied they wanted more convincing than what I previously said...and I got it for them...

[/ QUOTE ]
No you didn't. This article is a travesty of logic. We could spend the rest of the weekend dissecting it but you clearly aren't interested in any sort of discussion since you duck out any time we try to start one.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Sephus...here's your argument...from someone who thinks a lot more critically than me...Hope you enjoy!

http://orin.net/docrog.html

[/ QUOTE ]
There's nothing here that's interesting, persuasive, or original.

However, I did find thus nugget on the same site:

[ QUOTE ]
"...the event of 9/11/2001 was predicted by the Bible Code thousands of years before it happened. It was sealed up in the Bible until the invention of the computer was able to unlock it in a timely manner for our benefit in these last days. We have found 9/11/2001 in the Bible Code. The statistical evaluation for thirty specific phrases concerning related factors of this one event found in the Code reveals that it is not there by happenstance, but that it has been intentionally placed there to the tune of 1 in 10 to the 340th power. Since details of many other past events of note were discovered to have been accurately foretold in the Code, some thirty-two hundred years in advance, we must be certain that those events yet to come must also be accurately predicted."

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you subscribe to this nonsense? Just curious.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just getting everyone what they've been asking for...a critical detailed argument....they implied they wanted more convincing than what I previously said...and I got it for them...that is all...I do not think there are stipulated rules on thinking in this forum...I doubt its listed at the top of this forum...It is just the stated preference of a few individuals...

[/ QUOTE ]

They (we) meant a critical, detailed argument FROM YOU. With the implied addition that you be willing to discuss your position and your argument, and field questions about it. Thats the purpose of starting new threads. It may just be the "stated preference of a few individuals" but thats just because only a few individuals post here. Its the norm here. What you are doing is trolling, which is frowned upon. I doubt you'll get banned for it, but you are quickly approaching the end of your run. Most of us are onto you now, so if you don't shape up you will be relegated to riling up noobs and the unwary, and getting ignored or purely sarcastic, substanceless remarks from the established posters. Others have gone this route before you, you won't be the first, and certainly not the best.

Can I recommend you start drinking heavily right before you post?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:49 PM

I've never heard the 9/11 thing before...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 PM

lol. Make sure you read "Is a Threesome and Pot OK?"

http://orin.net/answers.html

Who wouldn't trust this guy for answers?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but meditate on the implications first

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this mean?

nobody is going to take the time to break down the huge essay you linked sans commentary just for you. nobody else needs to be convinced that it's garbage.

i will say however, for future reference, that "(you) lack the necessary humility required to be instructed" is a terrible way to open a persuasive essay.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:00 PM

I may be leaving soon anyways vhawk...Need to get back to my game...Its ok if you don't post..lurkers may find my threads interesting...You guys mostly don't refute the information I am making available...just make lame personal attacks..the other night when I protested the prophecies link the historical accuracy should have been the focal point but everyone went off on a tangent...people here just aren't any more discriminating than the average joe...