Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 09-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: big day for animals on my hike

i like the bears and wolves. i love otters and have a family that lives below the house in the river. but only get to see them a couple times a year as they are so elusive.
most nights i go out and watch the beavers work in the river eating and moving willows around.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:34 PM

You are living the life, Ray. I sent you this message, but you may not have noticed: if you ever want some work done I will do it for food and a place to sleep (when I'm not in school). Of course the work has to be outside ranch-type stuff, and of course I have absolutely no experience with that.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the bears and wolves. i love otters and have a family that lives below the house in the river. but only get to see them a couple times a year as they are so elusive.
most nights i go out and watch the beavers work in the river eating and moving willows around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray what do u do for a living out in Montana...or are u retired?

Are u in very small city or larger one(in Montana terms anyways)

really wanna see pics of house, back yard, view from house etc. Photobucket and Flickr are very easier to use.

My longterm goal has always been to move and live at least 6 months of every year in Montana or Wyoming.

Where did u live prior to Montana?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:54 PM

Ray,

Sounds awesome. As far as pictures go, I think the easiest is to create an account at Photobucket.com and then it is a very easy process to upload pictures from your desktop and get weblinks to them.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Ray, were they black bears?

If so, the gun goons above have pretty much nothing to worry about. I worked in a bush camp in northern Ontario this summer and saw a bear around every day, never had an issue with them in the wild. You look up, see one, he sees you, and you both leave.

The only concerning thing is when they find your camp. We had to shoot 3 black bears because as soon as they find food they won't leave until you do, and they tear apart tents and trailers and stuff.

Quite frankly a moose in rutting season scares me 10x more than any black bear does. Sounds like you have a pretty sweet place.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM

While canoeing up in Canada, I saw a moose swimming (then saw a few more later one, but the 1st). 100% my favorite animal spotting. That and accidentally getting close enough to a rattle snake to make it rattle, and living to tell about it.