Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Lazymeatball goes to more Red Sox games: from the Bronx to the Fens (w

Last Tuesday my friend Phil and I took a trip down to New York to see Daisuke pitch at Yankee Stadium. On the way down there a six pack of Labatt Blue was consumed, Also on the way down there we cut off some trucker when Phil didn’t realize the left lane was ending and we had to merge at the last second. Afterwards, that Trucker Dude got in front of us, crossed two lanes of traffic to take the same exit as us, then pulled over on the off ramp and started climbing out of his cab pointing at us in anger, as if he expected us to also pull over and fight him. Phil and I both found this very unprofessional for a trucker on the job. We found the parking lot outside the stadium to be pretty reasonable for $14, even if there were lots of spots taken up by smoldering hibachis left by thoughtless Yankee fans. Not nearly as many Red Sox fans around as there were in Baltimore, but still a few here and there.

We met up with our friend Bill and headed inside, his wife, Kelly, was running late from work so he would catch up with her later. We bought some ridiculous $9 Bud Lights and traversed the Upper Decks until we found our seats behind the left field foul poll and settled in. We had a decent view of the field and Kelly joined us later. The surrounding Yankee fans were actually friendly and intelligible as we discussed the merits of both teams young 2nd basemen.

Here's my patriotic picture

And this is me:
Youkilis
Pedroia

The peanuts at Yankee Stadium suck. Dice-K was pitching a decent but not great game for most of the night but the most nerve racking moment of the night was when I had to carry back four of those 12 or 16oz beers back to our seats traversing crowds and stairs in the process. I made it up to our row using one of those little cardboard trays they give you taking sips from all 4 beers as necessary to reduce spillage and successfully achieved the hand off to Phil so I could move in front of other patrons in the row. At this point the cardboard tray completely collapses in the middle sending about 2 and half beers pouring into the stands, soaking some executive looking guy’s shoes and completely saturating some chick’s Jeter jersey. Phil’s only reaction was to say “I can’t believe that just happened” whereas I was so traumatized I immediately ran to the men’s room out of fear, guilt, shame and embarrassment to gather paper towels. I gave the towels to those affected by the spill and fortunately they weren’t particularly upset at the incident, well, not nearly as upset as I was at having just watched $23 worth of beer spill onto the concrete.

The game was close but the Bronx Bombers prevailed 5-3 thanks to a 2 run shot by Damon as well as some relief help by that f*cking c*nt Joba and Mo. We got some street side hotdogs after the game and drove off into Connecticut.

Oh, I also saw this:
Red Sox chick
Chicks in skirts1
Chicks in skirts2
Port O'Potty with Stadium in back left