Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 08-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 5/10 turn semibluff vs good regular

I don't like this, you're representing such a small range of hands here and I know I can see your cards and everything but it looks like exactly the sort of hand you have. If he is good I think he could look you up with any ace in this spot. I'm with Bobbo on c/f turn.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this, you're representing such a small range of hands here and I know I can see your cards and everything but it looks like exactly the sort of hand you have. If he is good I think he could look you up with any ace in this spot. I'm with Bobbo on c/f turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I agree, wouldn't you raise any made hand on the flop here due to the number of cards that can come to kill your action? This looks like a draw a lot of the time (especially with the shove) and it's likely he has a hand that can call here.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 PM

two pair came in, oesd came in.

"wouldnt you raise any made hand on the flop?" - wouldnt i raise a flush draw on the flop? why in gods name would he put me on a flushdraw before he puts me on turned twopair or a set? typical 2p2 posting - "villain will always put u on exactly that specific hand u have this specific time u decide to mix it up. dont like it"

tell me again why he has a reason to believe i have a heart draw and not AQ, 24s, A5 or A3 here? snapcalling with any ace here would be pretty goddamn horrible imo
Old 08-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Do you generally overcall in the blinds against a good regular with A3/A5?

Do you never squeeze with AQ there?

Sorry, I'm learning, apparently I don't know a damn thing.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:35 PM

who cares if he doesn't fold an ace. The idea isn't to get him to fold an ace (well maybe), but I'm pretty sure it's more of a his range is a hell of a lot wider than just ace high on the flop and he fires a high % of his range on this turn, a significant chunk of which he can't call a c/r with whether he puts us on a hand or not.

i think I like this, though the fact that the flop was 3 way makes it a bit more sketchier imo.

edit: shortdonk on the flop makes it even more sketchier. I think the concept in general is great, but this might not be the best spot since he has a hand a higher % of the time than he does on most second barrels imo.

edit: also agree he should def fold an ace a decent amt of the time tho

also: firing here with TT, wtf? maybe KQ or something yah, but TT ugh.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why can't we have AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

pf.

also forgot to say that if he's good enough to be firing TT here it gets better - but still not much.

[/ QUOTE ]Ugh w/o history how is firing TT good here
Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on dude.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"wouldnt you raise any made hand on the flop?" - wouldnt i raise a flush draw on the flop? why in gods name would he put me on a flushdraw before he puts me on turned twopair or a set? typical 2p2 posting - "villain will always put u on exactly that specific hand u have this specific time u decide to mix it up. dont like it"

tell me again why he has a reason to believe i have a heart draw and not AQ, 24s, A5 or A3 here? snapcalling with any ace here would be pretty goddamn horrible imo

[/ QUOTE ]

With a better image I think it could be a good play, but you play extremely laggy so you're going to get looked up here a lot lighter than most. All the hands you're representing make some sense but I think you play them differently the majority of the time. AQ you probably 3bet preflop, 24s you would usually fold preflop I would think, A5/A3 also fold preflop a lot, but even if you did call it's a bit speculative to c/c with A3/A5 on this flop when he bets into two players on this board, including a big fish and a tough lagtard. If you think he is going to fold an ace here on the turn almost always then I think going for a turn stackadonk with A5/A3 is bad for obvious reasons, at least not the most optimal line to take (still is probably +EV because he is double barrelling a lot).
Old 08-24-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dislike the "typical" 2+2 response, and you are so certain that you are repping 2pair, and that a lone pair of aces cannot call you b/c of that - then what is the point of posting the hand in the first place?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:37 PM

disagreeing with the way a hand was played out and posting "villain will snap call with any ace" is not the same thing. its just not true, he wont snapcall with any ace. also, i dont post hands for the inevitable standard 2p2 responses. do u?

the point about me most often playing A5 or AQ or whatever differently: first of all, i play flushdraws way differently than this like a huge majority of the time in this spot so that doesnt really apply. i seriously can not see how any of the two pair hands are unlikely for me at all. id def play AQ or A5 like this a lot of the time - id say i am WAY more likely to play A5 this way than 98hh. also, getting him to fold king high is pretty huge in this spot since i am currently losing to king high.

still interested if ppl really believe this is a call from villain with whatever one pair hand he has. would u call it in his shoes? id imagine that if i posted this from vllains perspective and gave myself AK here, people would say "snap fold"