Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Default White guy attempting to date Korean woman. Help, plz, k thx.

Okay, so at first I was 100% sure I wasn't going to post this. Now I figure what the hell.

So the other day I met a Korean girl at a club. She is fresh from Hong Kong about 8 months ago. She is here to learn english and to go to school. She is by herself with no family. She rents a room from some random family. She didn't really go into to much detail. She speaks broken english but it really isn't a problem. I really like this girl and really want to impress her. I thought about learning some Korean, but then she said she grew up in Hong Kong. My good friend wikipedia says they only speak teh cantonese in Hong Kong. As much as I want to impress her, I'm a little concerned about the chances of me whitey, learning the correct pronouciation of the words. I don't want to insult her/say wrong thing due to my tone/ or just look stupid. Granted, with enough work, I'm willing to take this chance.

I more or less am in there as far as a first date. But I really want to impress her, not go through any real screws up as far as her culture goes. I have scoured the interwebs, and I feel as though asking 2+2 will have to help since I more or less have zero asian friends as of this moment and no one to offer advice. I even PMed Toss, cause he at one point was my only hope. I was later convinced I should just go ahead and post about it.

On another note, while I do have a fetish for Asian women, this girl is without a doubt the single sexiest woman I have ever seen. Sorry no pics as of this moment. Which makes this matter even more pressing.

So people of OOT, if you have dated a Korean woman before, or are Korean, or are familiar with their culture, please give me any helpful hints or advice.