Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: $300 AA I suck deepstacked

People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad. Anyway, you need to find a way to be arrrr innnn here.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Hey, at least I'm honest. I'm the epitome of a tourney donk. I know for a cash game player deep isn't until at least 200bb, but given that I play almost exclusively online mtts, i rarely have 100bb stacks. But I'm trying to get better in these spots, which is why i posted the hand.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad. Anyway, you need to find a way to be arrrr innnn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL,unfortunately,in a tournament,doesn't 100bb = woohoo,yippi,I'm dancin' on the ceiling etcetc. Or maybe it's just the ones I'm playing that are ai shovefests.....

Anyhoo....can't imagine that we'll see many hands that have us beat here. Overpair most likely,and he's probably not folding that anytime,and on the river,surely he'll bet any hand that has us beat?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:38 AM

I do not shove the turn, they are folding any worse hand, youre losing all value. Betting the river is the main reason for not shoving the turn. You have to bet river.

And this forum is suppose to be constructive, stop giving the guy a hard time and give positive feedback or dont say anything at all.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Alan Goehring makes you sad. In his view, 100xB+ is considered deepstack in tournament nlhe.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say things like "I suck deep stacked" when they're talking 100 BB make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 BBs in an online tourney IS deepstacked, and clearly that is the situation he was referring to, so there is no need to feel sad or give OP a hard time.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:00 PM

Raise more preflop
Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 PM

looks like an easy flop 3bet against a random player.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Why one earth are people advocating three betting and the like? You think everyone just wants to stack off with 88-1010? I dont understand, early in tournaments it seems much more valueable to get a lot more value out of your big hands rather than protect them against people you have drawing so thin.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why one earth are people advocating three betting and the like? You think everyone just wants to stack off with 88-1010? I dont understand, early in tournaments it seems much more valueable to get a lot more value out of your big hands rather than protect them against people you have drawing so thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

You already said youd raise the turn with nothing only 20% of the time. If they are really refusing to stack off with 88-TT and thats exactly what you put them on, you should be bluffing 100% of the time, so your strategy is extremely inconsistent. If you are too scared to raise AA because you are sure they will fold the hand you put them on, you simply must bluff a huge % of the time here, otherwise your logic makes no sense. Of course I think they will call with hands like 88-JJ a relatively decent % of the time, so I don't have to raise with nothing to justify my thought process.

Also people will definitely give you all their money with TT-88 a decent amount of the time, this isn't even a question against some random internet player. Also acting like a $300 buyin event makes any real difference is crazy, there are satellites to these events and a decent number of the players are extremely bad.

btw I would also 3 bet the flop, and raise the turn and bet the river.