Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Carnoustie

Note that Angel was 4th & Tiger 7th at Carnoustie in '99... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note that Angel was 4th & Tiger 7th at Carnoustie in '99... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also note that Angel was like 7th last year too. 40-1 right now. Hmmmmm.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:12 AM

Mickelson and Tiger will be in the final group on Sunday. You heard it here first.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:59 AM

I doubt Mickelson will final-group this one. He has historically never performed greatly at the British, with only one top ten finish to my knowledge (2004). Seems like an ugly course where a few randoms will contend. I could see Tiger contending but don't see a win forthcoming, 3 in a row on different courses with insane varying degree of difficult seems a lot to ask. Then again, this is Woods.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt Mickelson will final-group this one. He has historically never performed greatly at the British, with only one top ten finish to my knowledge (2004). Seems like an ugly course where a few randoms will contend. I could see Tiger contending but don't see a win forthcoming, 3 in a row on different courses with insane varying degree of difficult seems a lot to ask. Then again, this is Woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that now it's one in a row on one course that he's finished top ten on in his only other attempt.

Plus, he's sure to be pissed after the last two Major chokes he performed.

Tiger ftw.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that now it's one in a row on one course that he's finished top ten on in his only other attempt.

Plus, he's sure to be pissed after the last two Major chokes he performed.

Tiger ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ballsy.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:49 PM

Yeah I don't think I have the courage to predict Tiger winning the British. Could never bring myself to go as far out on limbs as Clark does.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ballsy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say it was?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Not much point in having these discussions if you entertain a few responses, then pick Tiger while utilizing the reasoning that he can win on this course and that he doesn't like having lost the previous couple. I made some pretty solid points, and I don't think he'll win. for purposes of discussion, let's throw some more names out there. I can easily see Vijay Singh going deep here, and how about a Justin Leonard throwback to 99?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much point in having these discussions if you entertain a few responses, then pick Tiger while utilizing the reasoning that he can win on this course and that he doesn't like having lost the previous couple. I made some pretty solid points, and I don't think he'll win. for purposes of discussion, let's throw some more names out there. I can easily see Vijay Singh going deep here, and how about a Justin Leonard throwback to 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I think Tiger is the most likely winner. So do 80% of others. That doesn't mean he's a cinch. I don't "own" the thread, just cause I don't like Vijay doesn't mean others can't discuss their like of or reasons for liking him.

Lonshots I like:

Adam Scott
Cabrera (shades of O'Meara)
O'Hair
Casey
Paddy
Rose