Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 06-19-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Michael Moore\'s new film: Sicko

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So let's say I know someone who is sick. Can I steal your money in order to help them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say I want all the benefits of American citizenship, but none of the responsibilities. If I spam an internet message board 24 hours a day, does that make my cause just?

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]
So...do you actually have an argument or is attacking credibility pretty much your only move?

Oh, and by the way, Nielso's not a US citizen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe by 'benefits of a US citizen' he meant 'ability to post on 2p2 politics?"
Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone is legitimately sick, they should be fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let's say I know someone who is sick. Can I steal your money in order to help them?

[/ QUOTE ]

first time reading politics in like a year and this is the first response i see. gg logic.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

first time reading politics in like a year and this is the first response i see. gg logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bye. Maybe take two years off this time.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bye. Maybe take two years off this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, can you imagine if this board changed to something besides making the most cliche, logicless, broad, inapplicable point possible. that my friend would be a true disaster.

OMG I THINK TAXES ARE STEALING. NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE. LETS MAKE SURE PEOPLE WHO HAVE STUDIED POLITICS STAY AWAY SO WE CAN EXCHANGE OUR FUNNY REDNECK IDEAS TOGETHER.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find out the moral principle here. If the moral principle says that one has a right to steal money in order to help others, then I would assume this principle applies to all people. If you are claiming that people in the govt have some kind of special privileges in ways that a completely different of moral rules apply, then I would question your logical consistency.

Can you say something on the content of my post instead of just about it?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:26 PM

your inflammatory use of "stealing" is incredibly suspect. I called it a cliche argument because people who argue that the government collecting taxes is the same as stealing are falling back weak argument that at this point has essentially 0 merit. You must have a pretty damn broad definition of stealing.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As someone who has grown up in two different fully National Health Care systems I am proud to say the thought of anyone paying a single cent for health care makes me sick.

I dont care if its inefficient or my taxes are higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont care to pay for it, why do you think its your right to force others to do the same? No one would stop you from pooling your money into any system or donating money, in a private system.

[ QUOTE ]
That's the most basic reason as to why government exists in the first place: to pool people's resources for the continued health and wealth of the people who inhabit the state. By definition, that would require ensuring every citizen of the state receives health care, period. Cosmetic surgery, some perscriptions, obviously don't apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food is more important to a society than health care, shouldnt we have a universal food system just like soviet union? Why didnt it work for food?

http://www.mises.org/econcalc.asp

[ QUOTE ]

Mechanisms for determining whether a particular procedure would benefit the state and its citizens (on an individual basis) still to this day need fine-tuning, but still, the point remains.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we just allowed a private system wouldnt this be the case?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As someone who has grown up in two different fully National Health Care systems I am proud to say the thought of anyone paying a single cent for health care makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Canadian so dont really know much about the costs of private healthcare so I was wondering if someone could give me some numbers. How much are you Americans paying for monthly health coverage? I remember a thread with some poker player who was getting a good private plan for something like $200/month. This doesnt seem unreasonable at all, but mabey this was an exception.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:49 AM

People pay a lot more than they realize because the cost of giving them insurance through an employer's group health plan is very high.

Buying your own insurance when you are young and without debilities is very very affordable, and would be MORE affordable with less regulation of course.

It is cheap enough that no one has any excuse for being uninsured.

natedogg
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM

The problem with american health care is that too much of the people's money is going to insurance companies and management interests.

Look at that idiot senator whos family owns some big hospital chain. The one that was trying to diagnose someone over a tv.

We need to educate more doctors and less actuaries so the cost of medicine will go down. First, we have to evict the hospital owners and insurance companies from washington.