Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Living with someone post breakup

jesus christ you financed electronics AND furniture??? wtf are you doing guy
Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, it is your apartment, she's the one leaving, SHE sleeps on the couch. either that or tell her to GTFO if she's going to act like a spoiled brat. why did you invite her out in the first place? you are just getting manhandled here, your approach sucks on just about every level

[/ QUOTE ]

Both our names appear on the lease unfotuneatly. The friends that accompanied us out were mutual friends and she was planning on going out with us before it went to hell. I also was the one who suggested she stay until class is done and wanted to start the amicable thing going right away. I was nieve, I realize this now. This is my first live-in GF in case it wasn't obvious.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ you financed electronics AND furniture??? wtf are you doing guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I did so knowing I can afford both if we did break-up. I was mostly doing it as a help to my credit in hopes of buying a house after this lease was up. All things are in my name so i'm actually not really sure how splitting the items up with go as she definitely does not have the cash to pay for any of them outright.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 AM

I think you got to be the bigger "man" here and try to keep things civil. You'll have to almost treat her like she's still your girl in regards to kissing her ass, but at least it'll make the living situation livable since it appears that this situation isn't going to change until July.

It sounds to me from your post like this sudden turn for the worst just happened? Obviously, she's going to be pissed for a few days because that's just how women are.

I say do something "nice", such as cooking her dinner. Open bacj up the lines of communication and keep things civil. Getting into a war isn't going to help you or the situation at all. If she wants to sit there and belittle you for a little, let her. When you're not firing back, she'll feel stupid for going off on you, which leaves the door open for some reconciliation.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds to me from your post like this sudden turn for the worst just happened? Obviously, she's going to be pissed for a few days because that's just how women are.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last month or so things had gotten tense on a few occasions...mostly surrounding alcohol. She made the comment once that she says drunk what she is afraid to say sober. The break-up followed a bad night out which was the last straw for me.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The last month or so things had gotten tense on a few occasions...mostly surrounding alcohol. She made the comment once that she says drunk what she is afraid to say sober. The break-up followed a bad night out which was the last straw for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This latest blowup though, when did that happen? This past weekend?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Friday night. We didn't officially do the breakup until Saturday afternoon.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:00 AM

Watch The Break-Up if you haven't seen it already. You'll get a few useful pieces of advice from that.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Friday night. We didn't officially do the breakup until Saturday afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the latest blowup happened Friday night and you broke up Saturday morning. Today is Sunday, one day after you broke it off officially. Of course things are going to be weird for a couple days.

Even if [censored] was really bad, women don't just shut off emotions like that. I say do as I proposed above. Lay low for a few days and then do something nice for her to try and open back up the lines of communication.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 AM

Does this not make anyone else think of the movie "The Break Up"?? (not a great movie, don't recommend)

I'd say your best bet is to get out of the apt if you can and/or lay low as much as possible (only speaking when spoken to or to ask pertinent questions is good advice). And keep in mind, heading off for crazy times in AC (if she knows this is where you're going) will probably make for a fabulous flipout when you return to the apartment since it sounds like she's not exactly stable and is quite emotional at this point.
Also, I'm guessing because she moved out there to be with you, most of her friends are your "mutual friends" which will probably cause significant drama as well...good luck.