Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 05-31-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Reviewing HHs after your matches

Pokertracker is fine too... You can replay the whole tourney hand by hand... Also as we get down to 3 handed or HU play I just put it on autoplay to speed it up - works really well for me...
Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 PM

thing with me is that i'm a little old school and don't utilize all of these tools for my game. its amazing that i've been as profitable as I have been w/ so many leaks in my game and being so ignorant about the tools (i do have SNGPT, however).
Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM

Does anyone keep notes here from the ongame network? I want to keep records of questionable hands but stupidly the instant hand history records as if I was an observer, not keeping a record of my starting hands.. is thre any way round this?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 PM

I just downloaded the popopopop replayer and it's great! I'm trying to get the hang of it though. Great way to review your game.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 PM

I used to review my hands in notepad. It took forever.

As other's have mentioned, SNGW is a great tool for reviewing tourneys. Not only does it immediately identify where you pushed, or did not push correctly. You can quickly scan your stack size for every hand played and when you see a big change in the stack you can open the details to see the ICM piece, but even more you can open the notepad to review the hand transcript.

Since I don't make a ton of mistakes anymore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I can get through one HH in about 3-5 minutes. Last night I played about 15 games (4 tabling) from 8-11 and I reviewed all 15 from about 11-12.

I always try and review my games everyday either after a set, but usually after I am done playing. Doing this helps control tilt (when you shove correctly and lose) and it also quickly identifies and corrects leaks before they ruin you (mentally and financially).

Last night I received a lot of beats, but upon reviewing my games, I found that I had also tightened up when I should have been shoving some weaker hands. I also missed and made a few bad calls. I suspect this was due a little to tilting from losing so many hands I was ahead earlier in my session.

Hopefully I run goot tonight [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded the popopopop replayer and it's great! I'm trying to get the hang of it though. Great way to review your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
link ?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to review my hands in notepad. It took forever.

As other's have mentioned, SNGW is a great tool for reviewing tourneys. Not only does it immediately identify where you pushed, or did not push correctly. You can quickly scan your stack size for every hand played and when you see a big change in the stack you can open the details to see the ICM piece, but even more you can open the notepad to review the hand transcript.

Since I don't make a ton of mistakes anymore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I can get through one HH in about 3-5 minutes. Last night I played about 15 games (4 tabling) from 8-11 and I reviewed all 15 from about 11-12.

I always try and review my games everyday either after a set, but usually after I am done playing. Doing this helps control tilt (when you shove correctly and lose) and it also quickly identifies and corrects leaks before they ruin you (mentally and financially).

Last night I received a lot of beats, but upon reviewing my games, I found that I had also tightened up when I should have been shoving some weaker hands. I also missed and made a few bad calls. I suspect this was due a little to tilting from losing so many hands I was ahead earlier in my session.

Hopefully I run goot tonight [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. J......I haven't downloaded sngwiz yet (I use sngpt), but how does sngwiz tell you if you pushed correctly or not.....wouldn't that depend on your opponents calling ranges? And since their calling ranges are going to change every hand, how can you get through an entire HH in 3-5 minutes?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded the popopopop replayer and it's great!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 PM

I used to review almost every HH when I was a pro. Now I just spot-check them. I think it's possible to get in a funk where you are making the same mistakes but can't spot them. So it's always good to have someone else look some over every now and then when you're running bad. Or when you're running really good, as you've probably strayed from optimal knowing your J9s cannot lose to A-rag - but no one ever does that.

Also if you take a long break from SNGs - try just playing before you review any old games. You might come up with some different approaches to problems, that you wouldn't have thought of before.

I used to use a replayer, which I think is great when you're getting started. But then when I got down to maybe one interesting decision per sng, I found it easier to just fly through them with a text editor.

I use Ultra-Edit and search on "Dealt to suzzer99[". In this way I just keep hitting F3 to fly through all the early hands where the decision was trivial - stopping at hands I might actually play in the early rounds. I also watch my stack to make sure it doesn't move much in either direction. I also move my HHs into a separate folder so that SNGWiz or SNGPT can go through them easily w/o choking on all the HHs in the actual HH directory.

One thing I tried, but never quite got in the habit of, was typing some key in chat everytime I had a tough hand--like "qqq"--that I could go back and search for easily. Might be a good system if I could ever remember to do it.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dr. J......I haven't downloaded sngwiz yet (I use sngpt), but how does sngwiz tell you if you pushed correctly or not.....wouldn't that depend on your opponents calling ranges? And since their calling ranges are going to change every hand, how can you get through an entire HH in 3-5 minutes?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just like SnGPT except the interface is 1000x better. As for your question, there's a little Charts icon. Click that when looking at a hand and it gives you a line graph that shows what hands you can push as villians call range gets larger or smaller.