Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: 50NL KJo weird hand

the kid bet $4 on the turn
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 PM

Make it 16 on the flop and call a shove.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 PM

Flop call is interesting IMO, I can't really decide if I like a call/raise here. Usually, a pot donkbet in this situation doesn't mean an extremely strong hand.

But I don't see how calling and re-evaluating on the turn can be too bad, so I'll go with it. Anyone think raising is decidedly better than calling the flop?

Turn is very interesting too. He's either weak leading a KT type hand, trying to get a cheap river on a draw, or probing with KQ. Still, raising just doesn't seem like a great idea.

River, same applies. I have a hard time believing a worse hand will call, and villian's line looks an awful lot like he made the straight too. I call.

Feels like I should stick in a raise here on flop/turn, but I'm really not sure where. I suppose the flop would be better than the turn because our hand is stronger, but I'm not crazy about it for some reason.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 AM

I like a flop call. I don't see what raising the flop accomplishes. We have no read on the villain, so we can't really assume to much by his big flop donk-bet. He could be weak, he could be strong or he could be drawing to the diamonds.

Turn is really suspicious, but now I'd start worrying about monsters.

River is a call. Don't raise unknowns in situations like these. If he has any clue he'll never call a raise unless we're splitting or worse (I don't think he'd have played a naked T like this anyways).

Make sure you make a note on what villain has, because his line was really erratic.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy raise. Go allin, he only has about 25 left. A T, KQ, or maybe even a lone K/Q will look you up here. I'm not worried about being behind at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isura,

You don't have to be that worried that you are behind. But sometimes is happens. We need to feel confident that those times we're beat are outweighed by the times we're ahead and he'll call our raise.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 AM

No, never raise a straight or flush on a paired board. NEVER! If you are called, you will loose more than 75% of the time to a boat.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:02 AM

I'm definitely not raising that river... Seems like he puts some nice value bets out there...

It's an easy call though for me...
Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 AM

cool and now Iīm about # 200 to say as well donīt raise the damn river!!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM

I actually talked with Highn about this hand last night and was surprised to hear some people had told him to push the river. I'll address that in a bit...

On the flop there's really no point in raising on your draw. You have top pair with a open ended straight draw which is a pretty good hand but I don't think it's strong enough to raise here. Raising the flop will only allow villain to come over the top with hands such as 2 pair, sets, straights and some random draws... fold all of his marginal hands and bluffs... and perhaps just call with a few hands thus bloating the pot and making it easy for him to play perfect on later streets. This puts you in the position of having to call off your whole stack with one pair and a draw when you could be behind or drawing to a split already. I would prefer to be the one putting in the last bet but I can't be sure that will be the case on this type of flop. I don't want to have to put my whole stack in the middle with one pair on a draw. Plus I have position, so I can use that to my advantage to make more when my draw does hit and nothing crazy happens... like the board pairing.

Crap the board paired! I hate drawing at straights and flushes on a paired board but the price is soooo tempting. I could already be drawing dead but there's no harm in calling rooting for a king on the river! I just call here again.

The river really sucks. We made the hand we kinda wanted to and villain is still betting into us. I don't think there are many hands we beat. We split with some and lose to some others. Villain might have KQ or a random Ten and those are about the only reasonable hands I can picture being ahead of. I wish the river didn't fill the straight so I could fold, but I probably don't find that button.

I don't see ANY value at all in pushing this river. Villain will fold a lot of hands we beat and call when we split the pot or are behind to a full house. Sure there are some random players who call with a bare ten here but I don't think the reward is worth the risk here.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:03 PM

Raising the river AI here everytime will insure a stay at the micros for longer, he has showed strength the whole hand. You are not ahead of anything except two pair so a call is the only play.