Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 02-18-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Countdown to God of War 2

[ QUOTE ]
I did beat the game on God Mode. It took me forever, I had to replay and replay the part where Kratos fights "himself." It was worth it though, I won't ruin it, but the if you go to special features or whatever after the game and see it it's well worth it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

God of War is definitely one of my favorite games of all time and I've been salivating about the sequel ever since. I'm glad it's on PS2 cause I don't feel like buying a PS3 now, and I'd "have" to play this game.

If you take a look at the special features (which is so well done on that game, I loved looking at the making of monsters, levels, Kratos, made me learn a lot about videogames and I wish more games would do this) they show some deleted levels and concepts they didn't have time to fit in. I bet some of this stuff gets transferred to the new game and I'm sure it is going to kick ass.

David Jaffe isn't heading the project (guy who spearheaded the first one), I think he is now in a bigger position kinda looking over a few projects ala Miyamoto.

Simply cannot wait for this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaffee apparently appointed one of the lead designers or someting on the first game to head the sequel. He is in some sort of management role now.

I gave up on god mode after the 2nd level. I just didn't have the drive. I think I may turn on my Action Replay and cheat my way through. Kudos for completing it.

WTF happened to the movie??? There is no news about it anywhere. If they did it right they could rake it in.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IGN posted their review for the new game.

"God of War II may in fact be the best action game ever made."

If your not salivating yet you should be.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it can top DMC 3 which is far and away my fav action game but I will pick this up and give it a try.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM

Checkraise: I love DMC3 as well (pretty much love the whole series, minus 2 of course which I don't even really count.) DMC 3 recieved a 9.6 and GOWII a 9.7, both are two of the higher scoring PS2 games of all time on the site. I would be extremely surprised if you don't love God of War II (assuming it is a better version of the kickass original).
Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 PM

I didn't realize DMC3 was such a good game. I haven't played any of them yet. I picked it up a few months ago at Gamespot for like $12 and it's just been sitting there. I guess I should break it out.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:38 PM

Go on and break it out. Tell us what you think (P.S. it's hard).
Old 02-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Went to Gamespot to reserve my copy of GOW2. When you reserve it you get a demo of one of the boss battles. This one is with the Colossus of Rhodes. I just played it and it's pretty damn good. I've never seen a game that can create such a mood and environment.

Oh and I broke out DMC3 last night. I like to think of myself as a pretty good gamer, but WTF?? That game is hard as hell. I couldn't even beat the first mini boss. So I just turned on my Action Replay and I'm going to run through it really fast. I don't have the time to play it anyways.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 PM

If someone is unsure of God of War II, I reccommend buying the first one. You should be able to find it really cheap used somewhere if you look around.

Some other God of War 2 Reviews:

Gamespot: 9.2/10
Gamespy: 5/5
Game Informer: 9.75/10
EGM: 9.17 out of 10
Worth Playing: 9/10
Gamezone: 9.5/10
1 UP: 9.5/10
Gamepro: 5/5
Gametrailers: 9.5/10

Edit: This is the last PS2 game I will buy at full price, since I'm such a fan of the original I can't wait for it to get cheap. I'm still going to buy some used PS2 classics that I missed out on, but this should be my last of many 49.99 PS2 game purchases [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM

gonna buy them both

my copy of version 1 went missing [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

gow 1 was one of the better games i've ever played- i loved it.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:53 AM

GOW is by far my favorite console game of all time, i mean this game just blew my mind.

i played it on god mode and gave up at the part with the prisoner in the cage you have to sacrafice, dunno how you are supposed to pull that off getting him up the ramp on god mode.

i also knew the protecting family would be damn near impossible on god mode so i took a loss.

i will probably buy it soon and play it through again on godmode while looking at tip/walkthru site.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that they made this on PS2 is beyond moronic. This is what they NEED on PS3 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it runs on the PS3 like most PS2 games do, why bother making a whole new version? GOW is a great game and GOWII will probably be more of the same good simple fun, but I just don't see the franchise as a system seller. You really think ppl would buy a PS3 just to play a fun but short, linear, and essentially unoriginal single-player action game w/no online multiplayer?