Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: A super KK fold

Sure, buddy I can do that. Your problem is pretty simple, you have absolutely no plan for the hand post flop. Preflop looks fine. When he bets 600 on the flop into a pot of ~1700 ask yourself why you call (almost 4-1). Now we see a 4 ball roll off on the turn (which completes the rainbow) and he bets 1k into a pot of 2900 (almost 4-1). Why do you fold here?

To fix this, have a plan for your hand after he bets. From your read on the player, are you likely ahead here? If yes, is he likely to be on a draw or a made hand. This will determine whether or not you should raise him now (because of free cards hurting us). If likely behind, fold. After a total blank rolls off, we are presented w/ almost the same situation except now we should raise if we think we're ahead because he's totally pot committed.

In other words, calling the flop to fold on a blank turn shows total lack of organization.

Hope this helps, friend.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:39 PM

Pot control is key here, guys. I like nath's plan. I definitely call the turn. Raising the turn has no value. The river will tell the story here methinks.

I guess popping the flop really doesn't have a ton of value either, since this board is semi scary and not a lot of UTG raising hands have legit draws here.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot control is key here, guys. I like nath's plan. I definitely call the turn. Raising the turn has no value. The river will tell the story here methinks.

I guess popping the flop really doesn't have a ton of value either, since this board is semi scary and not a lot of UTG raising hands have legit draws here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is calling all the way here pot control? You say the river will tell the story. So basically if he pushes his last 2.5k your going to fold your overpair getting 3-1? And if he checks your going to VB your 2.5k and hope for a crying call from aq. This seems unproductive to say the least.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 PM

Hmmmm. I probably call the turn, call the river and kick the wall when he flips up a set.