Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 08-27-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: ask me how I ended up 44, never married and with no kids

How about Vaginal Spelunker?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Vaginal Spelunker?

[/ QUOTE ]

ewwwwww

and these days, it's not exactly true!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM

It comes with a great sound effect, though.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It comes with a great sound effect, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, if we can get the SFX working, I'm in.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM

More suggestions for Dom's new title please [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(so far all I've come up with are "incorrigible" and the name of his novel which I like very much)
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 PM

interesting thread to say the least.

my thoughts and questions:

i am married (have been for 6 year, 2 little boys) and ask myself how i ended up here, but in a good way.

very neat, but i could see myself in Dom's shoes with just a couple twists, turns, and different decisions.

i almost moved to vegas for poker in the mid 90's. that right there probably would have assured me of staying single.

i never "wanted" kids, liked them, but not even adored any that weren't my own. this still is true. so that motivation was never there. seems to be a motivating factor for you Dom, wouldn't you say?

you mentioned a few significant relationships and close calls to marriage that didn't materialize. how many of them involved co-habitation? how many were long distance?

that seems to be a huge factor sometimes. to this day the ultra rare arguement that the mrs. and i have generally come from "room mate" issues more than anything. did this derail any of you relationships?

last question is when is it too late for kids of your own in your life? would you be oppossed to marrying into children from another father/marriage? this seem to be major factors if and when you get hitched in the future.

good luck. J.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i never "wanted" kids, liked them, but not even adored any that weren't my own. this still is true. so that motivation was never there. seems to be a motivating factor for you Dom, wouldn't you say?

you mentioned a few significant relationships and close calls to marriage that didn't materialize. how many of them involved co-habitation? how many were long distance?

that seems to be a huge factor sometimes. to this day the ultra rare arguement that the mrs. and i have generally come from "room mate" issues more than anything. did this derail any of you relationships?

last question is when is it too late for kids of your own in your life? would you be oppossed to marrying into children from another father/marriage? this seem to be major factors if and when you get hitched in the future.

good luck. J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I adore children, always have...while I'd like some of my own I certainly have no problem marrying a woman with a child of her own...not sure how'd I'd handle it if that child's father was still in the picture, however...that seems like it's always a difficult situation.

I'd also have no problem adopting...heck, I'd probably like it better if I could adopt a two year old right off the bat and not go through with the infancy stage.

Either that or a 16 year old Thai girl. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

And I've lived with three women in the past. My last engagement was called off because we were really roommates and not lovers anymore.

The other two ended for different reasons.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:19 PM

Okay, how about Woodlike Allen?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 PM

i am a bit surprised you haven't ended up married.

infancy isn't really all that fun for "Dad" so if you get nothing but 2 yr olds in a marriage more power to you.

my little brother (he is 30) is a super social guy w/ a ton of gf's and what not and fully PLANS on finding a 19 yr old Thai girl to marry and have take care of him in all ways when he turns 50, so i have heard worse plans than yours. maybe this could be an option for life long companionship. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

so it hasn't been roommate issues or long distance problems.
hmmmm.......

if you met your soul mate today (whatever that means to you)how long would it take you to get married to her and be confident in your decision?

do you currently know anyone that you could marry if your situation/s were different? age, location, place in life, etc. all those factors could be changed.

do you have any major detraction that has ever stopped a relationship? or anything that makes it end from your standpoint that would seem fairly trivial to the general public?

this is a great character study for sure. thanks. J.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am a bit surprised you haven't ended up married.

infancy isn't really all that fun for "Dad" so if you get nothing but 2 yr olds in a marriage more power to you.

my little brother (he is 30) is a super social guy w/ a ton of gf's and what not and fully PLANS on finding a 19 yr old Thai girl to marry and have take care of him in all ways when he turns 50, so i have heard worse plans than yours. maybe this could be an option for life long companionship. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

so it hasn't been roommate issues or long distance problems.
hmmmm.......

if you met your soul mate today (whatever that means to you)how long would it take you to get married to her and be confident in your decision?

do you currently know anyone that you could marry if your situation/s were different? age, location, place in life, etc. all those factors could be changed.

do you have any major detraction that has ever stopped a relationship? or anything that makes it end from your standpoint that would seem fairly trivial to the general public?

this is a great character study for sure. thanks. J.

[/ QUOTE ]

J., I'm not really worried about finding someone...it will happen eventually. And I have given up having any sort of "plan" for when and if it happens. If I know in three days I want to marry her, great. If it takes a year or more, that's fine too.

And no I don't have anything that "stops" relationships other than your everyday incompatibility and/or problems we all have.