Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

[ QUOTE ]
Goosfraaba,

That was what was being said about it 2 years ago. Fish don't care about the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

Which is why all this babble about changing from dealt rakeback to contributed rakeback in order to bring in more players or make the games looser is the purest nonsense.

David Solomon
Old 06-19-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Goosfraaba,

That was what was being said about it 2 years ago. Fish don't care about the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

Which is why all this babble about changing from dealt rakeback to contributed rakeback in order to bring in more players or make the games looser is the purest nonsense.

David Solomon

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for contributed rakeback is that tight players are more likely to have rakeback deals than loose players, contributed rakeback results in loose players getting more rakeback than tight players, which means that contributed rakeback results in less total rakeback payment to the players leading to more income for the sites and their agents.

Since WPEX make no income from their rake, I can see no strong reason to either use or not use contributed rakeback.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:57 PM

If possible I think one way to increase traffic would be to offer WU or moneygram as a withdraw option. i dont know the legal issues surrounding this, but being able to get your money in a day or 2 may be very appealing to people in todays world. i have 2 or 3 friends that play /played on bodog for that reason.
what ever happened to the debit card idea?

As for the rake back issue... i think switching to contributed will actually hurt the site. Some of the nits like myself may find it not worth hanging around, and then all you lagtards wont have anyone to play with.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: rakeback

If you wish to debate the effect of contributed rakeback vs dealt-hands rakeback, then I recommend bringing it over to the thread in Poker Theory as this thread has already amply demonstrated that logical debate is not practical in the Zoo.

If you are such a nit that a change from 100% dealt-hands rakeback to 100% contributed rakeback will drive you away from the site, then I don't think you will be missed. But, that is just my own opinion.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:59 PM

Is anyone else interested in getting some Heads up SNGs on WPX?

WSX was very responsive to the requests for HU NL cash, and it looks like the tables been pretty well-received. So if you want to request HU SNGs too, let them know!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 AM

I'm giving the site until the end of the month to improve player numbers and then I'm out.

The full-ring limit action is all but non-existent between 2/4 and 5/10.

I have been a fan of the rakeback since I first heard about it months ago and I cannot see why anyone is playing elsewhere but they are, so I must too.

I find it hard to believe the drop in traffic was due to bot accounts being closed.

If opening up the restriction on hand histories helps, please consider doing this, or removing the limit on 4 tables.

In my view getting games going is key to a successful room, players want choice so give them the choice.

Maybe I need to learn 6-max (which seems to be gaining in popularity) which I will consider doing elsewhere and look to return in a few months.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I need to learn 6-max (which seems to be gaining in popularity) which I will consider doing elsewhere and look to return in a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not split your bankroll between WPX and another site?

There is regular 6-max NL action on WPX, so you might as well learn there instead of going somewhere else & getting raked.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not split your bankroll between WPX and another site?

There is regular 6-max NL action on WPX, so you might as well learn there instead of going somewhere else & getting raked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the big question is are the 6-Max games at WPEX "typical" of course if their tougher (which limit games at the site are) I would love to learn there and use the rakeback as a cushion if I start off losing.

If I currently play 5/10 at WPEX full-ring, where should I start off to learn 6-Max?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Banzai,

If you have to "learn" 6 max, then there are probably some significant leaks in your full ring game (which, after all, turns into a 6-max game if 4 people fold).

The two most applicable books for your average WPEX 6-max game are HPFAP and Stox's new book.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Banzai,

If you have to "learn" 6 max, then there are probably some significant leaks in your full ring game (which, after all, turns into a 6-max game if 4 people fold).

The two most applicable books for your average WPEX 6-max game are HPFAP and Stox's new book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under-rolled when I started at 5/10 (I started with approx 100+ BB) but I am a significant winner at this level on both WPEX and Pokerstars.

I have probably played less than 50 hands of 6-Max, I'm not sure I believe your analogy that it's just full ring with 4 folders. I have both the books you mention and started reading them just this week.

My main question is whether I should drop down in levels when starting out at 6-Max, particularly considering the higher variance.
Closed Thread