Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 08-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

In fact, the whole Boo presser is hysterical.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

is he ever going to stop doing that gay club twirl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil tried to club twirl once but his fat meaty fingers got in the way and he dropped it. True story.

BO,

Numbers don't lie in this case.

tdk,

Keep those fingers crossed!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:53 PM

Ban Bitcho plz. No particular reason.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Ames. At least someone is within reach that I definitely like. But he has a poor track record when he gets within sniffing distance of big wins, the Players from last year aside, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boo Weekly writing down the wrong score on the card, which Sergio signed: "I reckon that's kind of my fault, but it's kind of his, too." LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Boo wasn't paying too much attention to the guy ten shots behind him...
Old 08-11-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ban Bitcho plz. No particular reason.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Ames. At least someone is within reach that I definitely like. But he has a poor track record when he gets within sniffing distance of big wins, the Players from last year aside, so I'm not holding my breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I'm a huge Tiger fan and I want him to win, but if there's one reason I'd want Tiger to lose it would to see Butcho's reaction. How old are you Butcho? I hope you are like a 14 year old fanboy with just a fleeting mancrush.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Ames' press conference, very fun to watch, especially all of his teeth!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil tried to club twirl once but his fat meaty fingers got in the way and he dropped it. True story.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, actually false story. Phil does do a club twirl (I believe exclusively with his mid/short irons), but it isn't that gay, exaggerated, leg-kick OOH LOOK AT ME club twirl. his is a classy, understated twirl that is actually quite awesome.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just amazing how these guys who play with Tiger in the last group of majors not only don't do anything, but they consistently blow up in spectacular fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It happens every major. And no, I don't think it's the so-called "Tiger Factor."

Every major (yes, even the ones Tiger never played in ) you have guys who are around the lead who blow up on Sat or Sun. Usually it's a few people that blow up.

Tiger's greatness is his ability to not blow up. He always just grinds it out and prevents the big Sat or Sun number. Everyone else just does what they always did even before Tiger showed up. Look at last years US Open or this year at Carnoustie for examples. If Tiger would have been tied for that lead at Carnoustie they would have said it was because of Tiger. No, Gracia and Harrington just did what most of them do in those situations. When Tiger isn't holding steady on the lead it's just not as obvious because then they have a playoff and you think you're witnessing great golf, but instead you're just waiting to see who will choke less.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if I understand you correctly... even though Paddy won the Claret Jug last month, he didn't play great golf. he just "choked less." But if Tiger won, it would have been great golf?

so it can only be great golf if Tiger wins? and everybody else doesn't win, they just choke the least?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Ames' press conference, very fun to watch, especially all of his teeth!

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to mention it for the umpteenth time, I followed the Cink-Ames match down in Tucson earlier this year - while 95% of the spectators were following Woods-O'Hern, which Tiger went on to lose. Cink was unsurprisingly unfriendly, whereas Ames went out of his way to engage the very few spectators that were following the match, even though it was close. Won me over big time.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, actually false story. Phil does do a club twirl (I believe exclusively with his mid/short irons), but it isn't that gay, exaggerated, leg-kick OOH LOOK AT ME club twirl. his is a classy, understated twirl that is actually quite awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger clearly is doing it to get attention as he obviously doesn't get enough as it is.